FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

blender game settings vs. animation settings

2 posters

Go down

blender game settings vs. animation settings Empty blender game settings vs. animation settings

Post  MurderMostFowl Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:45 pm

I haven't actually begun developing with Sio2 yet, so please forgive me. I have watched the Sio2 tutorials and only understand some of it so far.

I am learning blender first which I find very alien and humbling. I have been programmer for 15 years now, and I'm not used to being in an environment that I know nothing about! Embarassed

So anyway... I apologize that this is probably such a basic question... but I'm having trouble with understanding which animation modes work with Sio2. Is it the "game" mode or "animation" mode... for instance, soft bodies. I do the blender tutorials for soft bodies, and half of them are talking about softbodies in animations and the other are in games. ( why there are two, I don't understand ) not to mention the difficulty that most tutorials are quite old and all the menu items have changed considerably.

I just want to make sure I am learning the right functions in Blender to be compatible with Sio2. If I make a softbody for SIO2 do I need to set my settings in the Logic->Softbody or the Object->Physics ->Softbody

Or both?

Thanks!

MurderMostFowl

Back to top Go down

blender game settings vs. animation settings Empty Re: blender game settings vs. animation settings

Post  sio2interactive Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:51 pm

Check the video tutorials... that will give you a good idea of what is exported within SIO2 and what is not... just parenthesis, the blending mode value have now been replaced by color (sorry the tutorial have not been updated).
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down