FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sio2 build

4 posters

Go down

Sio2 build Empty Sio2 build

Post  Ecco Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:25 am

..hey guys..im very new here, and i would like to see some detailed tutorial how to build/run engine/samples, if you dont mind providing such detailed guide for total beginner..thank you guys..

Ecco

Back to top Go down

Sio2 build Empty Re: Sio2 build

Post  sio2interactive Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:20 am

Hummmmm.... simply open the Xcode project file and click "Build and Go"...
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ecco Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:15 pm

..hmm..well..that simply doesnt working..it must be im doing something wrong...im using MacBook Pro, Intel , and I dont now do i have to have Iphone attached to mac in order to see any results out of provided tutorials..so, I tried to load and build/compile as you suggested but i got this error list...
==========================================================
Building target “tutorial01” of project “template” with configuration “Debug” — (2 errors)
cd /Users/Ecco/Desktop/SIO2_SDK_v1.2.1/tutorial01
/Developer/usr/bin/ibtool --errors --warnings --notices --output-format human-readable-text --compile /Users/Ecco/Desktop/SIO2_SDK_v1.2.1/tutorial01/build/Debug/tutorial01.app/Contents/Resources/MainWindow.nib /Users/Ecco/Desktop/SIO2_SDK_v1.2.1/tutorial01/MainWindow.xib
/* com.apple.ibtool.errors */
Internal Error:
Description: “MainWindow.xib” could not be handled because ibtool cannot open files of this type.
Failure Reason: ibtool cannot open files of this type.
cd /Users/Ecco/Desktop/SIO2_SDK_v1.2.1/tutorial01
/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -x objective-c++-header -arch i386 -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -fasm-blocks -O0 -Wreturn-type -Wunused-variable -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 -gdwarf-2 -iquote /Users/Ecco/Desktop/SIO2_SDK_v1.2.1/tutorial01/build/template.build/Debug/tutorial01.build/tutorial01-generated-files.hmap -I/Users/Ecco/Desktop/SIO2_SDK_v1.2.1/tutorial01/build/template.build/Debug/tutorial01.build/tutorial01-own-target-headers.hmap -I/Users/Ecco/Desktop/SIO2_SDK_v1.2.1/tutorial01/build/template.build/Debug/tutorial01.build/tutorial01-all-target-headers.hmap -iquote /Users/Ecco/Desktop/SIO2_SDK_v1.2.1/tutorial01/build/template.build/Debug/tutorial01.build/tutorial01-project-headers.hmap -F/Users/Ecco/Desktop/SIO2_SDK_v1.2.1/tutorial01/build/Debug -I/Users/Ecco/Desktop/SIO2_SDK_v1.2.1/tutorial01/build/Debug/include -I/Users/Ecco/Desktop/SIO2_SDK_v1.2.1/tutorial01/build/template.build/Debug/tutorial01.build/DerivedSources -c /Users/Ecco/Desktop/SIO2_SDK_v1.2.1/tutorial01/template_Prefix.pch -o /var/folders/DL/DL1W5ErsGGC1B4Bng7tiU++++TI/-Caches-/com.apple.Xcode.501/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/template_Prefix-edkmjpondeouapcqlnvlhuntumqm/template_Prefix.pch.gch
/Users/Ecco/Desktop/SIO2_SDK_v1.2.1/tutorial01/template_Prefix.pch:7:24: error: UIKit/UIKit.h: No such file or directory
/Users/Ecco/Desktop/SIO2_SDK_v1.2.1/tutorial01/template_Prefix.pch:7:24: error: UIKit/UIKit.h: No such file or directory
Build failed (2 errors)
===================================================

So, any idea whats happening bsed on giver error list? And how should I use Lua with SIO2?
Im new to Mac (i bought it because of Iphone/Ipod touch development) and i would like to learn SIO2...I am really sorry for dumb questions, and I hope you guys will help me out to set up myself with this nice system for Iphone development..thanks a lot..

Ecco

Back to top Go down

Post  jlperan Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:10 am

My suggestion is you first read documentation about xcode, objective c and iphone development program before trying to start programming. Do not start with SIO2.

Go to http://developer.apple.com/iphone/, sign up and read docs, tutorials and samples. Then look for xcode tutorials and iphone programming related web pages (believe me, there´s a lot in the net) and then you´ll understand much more better how xcode works.

Then, download SIO2, read the doxygen documentation, the samples, wath the video tutorials and start modifying that samples. That will teach you a lot and people here will be happy to help you.

I hope this helps you.

Cheers.

jlperan

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:54 am

Dude my thoughts exactly however you put them in nicer words Wink
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  skeggialungo Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:09 pm

i have a similar problem i have created a complitely new project and added all source from src directory to my project. initially there was a lot of errors because when you add files you must follow what say this link http://blog.lyxite.com/2009/01/better-way-of-using-sio2-iphone-sdk.html and attrib to sio2 file the sourcecode.cpp.objcpp. lot of errors desappear whit this way. but the project do not work again because it can't buil bullet libaries, can anyone help me in build bullet libraries i do not understad what i must do. all the settings seems to be equal to any other tutorial, but the complitely new project do not work correctly. thanks daniele

skeggialungo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum