FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wiimote framework

5 posters

Go down

wiimote framework Empty wiimote framework

Post  drunknbass Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:19 pm

im not sure if this is part of the engine, im guessing not.. but i think it should be added so you can run apps in sim and use wiimote to issue accelerometer vars so we can test games that need that functionality in the sim.. there are some projects that do this out there but they are always missing pieces... i think youbasically just have some kind of tcp server running that receives them being sent from the host computer. but im thinking there might be a better way to go about it.

drunknbass

Back to top Go down

wiimote framework Empty Re: wiimote framework

Post  jlperan Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:32 am

Not the wiimote yet but somebodyīs preparing a brain interface so you can use the iphone just with your thoughts.

Twisted Evil

Just kidding. This is an engine for Iphone, not Wii. Sorry

jlperan

Back to top Go down

Post  drunknbass Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:57 am

i think you are missing the point. if you are testing your application in a simulator and dont have another iphone handy what can you use for simulating accelerometer data? a wiimote! i personally have multiple iphone/touches so i could just as easily write an app to run on one phone and talk to the other, or talk to sim.. but i figured wiimote could be cool. you could also map each wiimote button to a screen coordinate so if you have on screen buttons on your game you could use wiimote for trigger that too. now that we can run opengl in simulator(since beta 3) all we are missing are a few things to be able to fully test without the device.

drunknbass

Back to top Go down

Post  jlperan Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:13 am

Well, if you have enough time for that, go ahead but I donīt think that effor worth the time just for testing purposes. Remember you can test you app in your iphone...

jlperan

Back to top Go down

Post  matt Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:37 pm

Our game is based on controlling the main character with the accelerometer and I found it pretty annoying to deploy it the iPhone/iPod everytime I made a little tweak. Using a Wiimote for simulating at least one axis of the accelerometers in the simulator is a great idea IMHO.

Best,
Matt

matt

http://elfrun.net

Back to top Go down

Post  drunknbass Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:41 pm

jlperan wrote:Well, if you have enough time for that, go ahead but I donīt think that effor worth the time just for testing purposes. Remember you can test you app in your iphone...

i always re deloy my app to make changes, after a while it starts to slow down production times. also some people like to make videos of game demos and its much easier to use a screen capture app and record the simulator. but some apps that need multitouch or accel data are left out in the cold.. this would change that.

drunknbass

Back to top Go down

Post  jlperan Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:03 pm

Ok, ok, go ahead. Itīs true that would be an improvement but that would be an Iphone simulator improvement, not SIO2.

jlperan

Back to top Go down

Post  drunknbass Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:26 pm

it would be something sio2 could be shipped with, saying it wouldnt be a benefit to sio2 is like saying additions to the bullet is not a benefit to sio2. sio2 makes it easier to write a opengl game. this addition would make it easier to test your opengl game Wink
im also thinking of making an iphone app that you can design a "controller" and each button or slider etc you add can be mapped to an output that the simulator app could listen for.

drunknbass

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:54 pm

I don't know what this is all about, but its quite easy to test the accelerometer with the simulator... since version 2.1 the simulator respond to the accelerometer located on the macbook / pro etc... Simply tilt your mac and the simulator will respond accordingly.
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  matt Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:14 pm

sio2interactive wrote:since version 2.1 the simulator respond to the accelerometer located on the macbook / pro etc... Simply tilt your mac and the simulator will respond accordingly.
I always thought this was a hoax because it doesn't work for me (Sept. 2008 MacBook Pro) --- or did you mean version 2.2? But even if it works, would you want to pick up your MacBook everytime you test your app? I would prefer to have some keys to rotate the simulator.

Best,
Matt

matt

http://elfrun.net

Back to top Go down

Post  meteors Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:20 pm

I'm using v2.1 iPhone, and the accelerometer on tutorial05 does nothing when I tilt my macbook.

-j
meteors
meteors

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:03 pm

Hahaha April's fool day's come in early this year, I knew Im going to catch at least one guy with that one Wink

Sorry meteors It was you... Wink

Cheers,
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  meteors Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:12 pm

:-)
meteors
meteors

Back to top Go down

Post  drunknbass Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:43 am

ooo funny guy.. i dont have a macbook anyways.. i cant stand laptops. although i just bought a netbook and run leopard on it.. but mainly to sit on the couch and play around online with. and travel with.

drunknbass

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum