FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some suggestions..

2 posters

Go down

Some suggestions.. Empty Some suggestions..

Post  dammerung Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:14 am

Hi everyone! First of all, I want to say thanks to the developers of SIO2. It is probably the most feature-rich open-source SDK for the iPhone at this time. I'm currently new to iPhone game development, but I've been making games for Windows and some consoles for a few years now. What I would like to suggest is a sort of sticky post on the forum for an introduction guide on game development using SO2. I've been used to object-oriented game programming (main loop, actors, states..) and I was hoping for a guide on the best way to approach game development using SIO2. Not just graphics tutorials but maybe some practical explanations on how to make a simple pong or a snake clone game. I was hoping more of a game structure approach explanation than a programming tutorial. I hope my post is clear. Thanks again guys!

dammerung

Back to top Go down

Some suggestions.. Empty Re: Some suggestions..

Post  sio2interactive Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:31 am

Totally, I think it is a great suggestion, at the time Im really busy debugging and adding more features to 1.2 (which should be out pretty soon), but Im sending the message to the community, if someone would be interested to create such kind of tutorial for 1.2... I could provide the latest source that I got in order to ease the creation of theses "more gaming oriented" tutorial. As you guys know basically SIO2 is a generic framework but as a matter of fact will probably be mostly use in iPhone & iPod Touch games so I think that the suggestions of dammerung are right.

If you are intrested in creating such kind of tutorials please contact me by email or MSN.

dammerung: Can you please provide me by email a "tutorials plan" as well as detailed list & descriptions etc... in order to give some ideas and directions to the one who would be involved (hope you can do so as well Wink )

Cheers,
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dammerung Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:01 am

sio2interactive wrote:dammerung: Can you please provide me by email a "tutorials plan" as well as detailed list & descriptions etc... in order to give some ideas and directions to the one who would be involved (hope you can do so as well Wink )

Sure! I'll send you one as soon as I find time to make a tutorials plan. Thanks a lot. Very Happy

dammerung

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:16 am

Allright great news, keep me posted!!!!! Wink

Cheers,
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down