FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laws of Physics Misbehaving

2 posters

Go down

Laws of Physics Misbehaving Empty Laws of Physics Misbehaving

Post  vang0330 Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:19 pm

Has anyone been able to implement the Physics engine successfully aside from the tutorial 6? All I'm doing is taking the source code for tutorial 6 and using my blender models. My models include a box (cube w/o top face) and a ball (sphere) to be dropped in the box. In blender, the physics work fine and the ball bounces inside the box. In the IPhone, the ball drops through the box.

I've looked through all the messages regarding physics in the forum and yet still have no success. A summary of my configuration and other member's suggestions are:

1.) Box physics configuration: Static, Actor enabled, Bounds enabled, bounds type is Triangle Mesh, advanced settings for margin is 0.06 (tried various margin settings)

2.) Ball physics configuration: Rigid Body, Actor enabled, Bounds enabled, bounds type is Sphere (I've also tried Triangle Mesh), advanced settings for margin is 0.06 (tried various margin settings)

*Note: I've also tried declaring my own margin parameter.

3.) All mesh objects selected together and centered (should this be Center New, or Center Cursor? I tried both).

4.) All objects selected and perform CTRL+A and "Visual Transforms to Objects Loc/Scale/Rot." Also tried other features under the CTRL+A.

5.) Tried changing sio2PhysicRender( sio -> _SIO2physic, sio2 -> _SIO2window -> d_time, 0);
to sio2PhysicRender( sio -> _SIO2physic, sio2 -> _SIO2window -> d_time, 2);

Am I missing a step or is something done incorrectly in my physics implementation procedure?

This is all done with the exporter (v1.3.4) downloaded from the SVN as of 2/28/2009. Do I need to download all the bullet sources as well? How do I go about this efficiently as I am new to the Mac OS X environment.

Thanks.

vang0330

Back to top Go down

Laws of Physics Misbehaving Empty Re: Laws of Physics Misbehaving

Post  sio2interactive Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:01 pm

You better use 1.3.3, this is the stable version... do not rely on 1.3.4 as it is a development version and things can change drastically from one day to the other.

However, your workflow seems to be correct... send me your .blend file so I can have a look.

Cheers,
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  vang0330 Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:55 pm

I've sent the model to sio2interactive@gmail.com. Thanks.

vang0330

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:09 pm

1. Your normals are not well aligned, "recalculate normals inside"

2. You didn't reset the transformation of your box (CTRL+A)

Once again there's nothing wrong with SIO2 Wink
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  vang0330 Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:03 am

The fix was export, then export with normals and update. I had been exporting with normals on the first export. Thanks.

vang0330

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down