Integrating Blender controls

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Integrating Blender controls

Post  Bonecollektor on Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:50 am

Hello -

I'm new to the site so I would first like to thank the developers of SIO2 I had no idea this even existed until yesterday! I have been playing around with Blender for years and just a few months ago started in with the iPhone SDK. So yeah, this is great news for me.

Anyway, on to the question. And if this is posted somewhere else in the forums and I just overlooked it (through all my searching) please disregard this question and just point me in the right direction.

How do you export the controls from blender into the SDK using SIO2? What I mean is, say for example I had made a simple shooter game in blender. The controls are very basic using the keyboard assigned buttons for shooting, jumping, moving, etc.. and the mouse for looking. How would I export this game and make it functional in the iphone world? I know you can create buttons in the IB and link them to certain actions lets say but, does the SIO2 export the physics and emitter/empty actions as well? Is there a tutorial about exporting things such as this out there?

I hope that I have made this clear enough to understand. Please feel free to ask if you need more explanation as I am very excited about moving forward with this great new addition! Smile

Bonecollektor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Integrating Blender controls

Post  uprise78 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:45 pm

SIO2 will not create a game from the Blender game engine. SIO2 allows you to export your 3D models from Blender. It does not use the Blender physics engine (though it uses some of the settings for export). You will still have to write code to make a game work with SIO2.

uprise78

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top