Doing GUIs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Doing GUIs

Post  Los Frijoles on Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:14 pm

I know that SIO2 doesn't really support this, but there has to be a way to do it. I have a very short deadline (3 days max) to get my milestone one part of my app working which involves getting a player to display on the screen with a very simple HUD. How can you do a GUI? I am under the impression that most games just render a quad in front of the camera and paint the gui on it. Is there any way to do this easily in sio2?

Please help.

Los Frijoles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doing GUIs

Post  sw on Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:38 pm

I think the SIO2 is total support all type of GUI, use the widget & Font & event
How did you think of my game's GUI ? http://www.iphogame.com/tank-game.htm 哈哈哈 Smile
sw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Los Frijoles on Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:21 pm

How did you pull that GUI off? It is very nice looking. The only GUI system I have real experience with is CEGUI and it shields most of the actual rendering and stuff from the user and therefore I do not know what I am doing at all.

I took a look at the widget in the files and in the html docs that were supplied. I really wish there was a bit more documentation in this system. The video tutorials are really nice compared to other systems, but the utter lack of comments in the code almost pushes the tutorials completely out of perspective. Anyway, it looks like the widget can have a material assigned to it along with callbacks of some sort for touch events. Are these materials set up in blender before exporting it?

EDIT: Just played your game. It reminded me a lot of Wild Metal Country if you have ever played that game. If you were able to do that with SIO2 then what I am trying to do should be possible.

Los Frijoles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum