FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

md2 duplication

5 posters

Go down

md2 duplication Empty md2 duplication

Post  oioioi Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:42 am

I got several objects in my scene which will use the same md2 model, do I have to load it once for each object? Or is there a function to duplicate md2s

Thanks!

oioioi

Back to top Go down

md2 duplication Empty Re: md2 duplication

Post  sio2interactive Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:02 am

MD2 is not "officially" supported, it's just part of a tutorial showing you how to integrate another file format inside SIO2...

The new version 1.3.6 give you access to a new animation system based on Blender action strip. You can have multiples models sharing the same action. All actions are in separate files and are not part of the SIO2object anymore. The new revision should be out shortly...
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  oioioi Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:06 am

Wow, cool!

Can I have several animated objects with this animation type? Like md2 or very few like the hybrid thing?

oioioi

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:12 am

Well yeah... the way its work is like: You got multiple actions all in different files, you got object, 1 or multiples (duplicated or not) then you bind which action you want to object to execute... as long as the action correspond to the number of indices held in the action file you are in business Wink

Its pretty much like MD5mesh & MD5anim relationship except that its using linear interpolation based on a skeleton.
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  finthamoussu Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:57 am

SIO2 Superman:

According to comming versions, it would be great having a Sticky topic like "Comming soon...", where you can say what new features you are working on, so we can see what's comming, and we can send you suggestions or comments before it's released, instead of giving feedback after it's released, so you could be easy for you in some cases...

Keep the good work!!!
finthamoussu
finthamoussu

Back to top Go down

Post  oioioi Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:03 pm

Great idea finthamoussu, if there was a md2 duplicate function or I made my code a bit different I would use a lot of time on md2 and then find out that there was something new when next version came

oioioi

Back to top Go down

Post  goldfrapp0x0309 Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:26 pm

Good thing i'm still building the game engine, this is a badass addition ! Hope the new iPhones will sport a better graphics card!!!!!!!
goldfrapp0x0309
goldfrapp0x0309

Back to top Go down

Post  sw Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:32 am

oioioi wrote:I got several objects in my scene which will use the same md2 model, do I have to load it once for each object? Or is there a function to duplicate md2s

Thanks!

just share the md2 buffer with your objectes
sw
sw

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum