FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Collision Issue and Removing Objects

Go down

Collision Issue and Removing Objects Empty Collision Issue and Removing Objects

Post  uprise78 Fri May 01, 2009 11:35 am

I am having a problem with sio2sensor and the collision callback system. There was a post with a similar issue (https://sio2interactive.forumotion.net/sio2-engine-f3/use-object-only-for-collision-t115.htm?highlight=collision) but no solution was posted. If I try to remove the sio2sensor in the collisionCallback I get a crash in sio2PhysicCollisionCallback every time.

My collision callback in it's simplest form is here:

Code:

void collisionCallback( void * )
{
   // Destroy the sensor
   SIO2sensor *_SIO2sensor = ( SIO2sensor * )sio2ResourceGet( sio2->_SIO2resource, SIO2_SENSOR, "mySensor" );
   _SIO2sensor = sio2SensorFree( _SIO2sensor );
}

The sensor loop in sio2PhysicCollisionCallback starts like this:

Code:

unsigned int i = 0;

while( i != sio2->_SIO2resource->n_sensor )
  {

It appears as though the problem lies in the while loop. The first iteration through the while loop i = 0 and _SIO2resource->n_sensor = 1 so the loop condition passes as it should. i gets incremented at the bottom of the loop making i = 1. _SIO2resource->n_sensor gets decremented by the sio2SensorFree() call so it is equal to 0. 1 != 0 passes the while condition and we get an endless loop and a buffer overrun in there.

Perhaps the loop should be:

Code:

while( i < sio2->_SIO2resource->n_sensor )

My other issues comes with object deletion. What is the correct way to completely remove an sio2object from a scene and when should it be done (before or after the render loop I assume)? I have tried various things and the closest I have come is:

Code:

// Remove the object from the physics world
      sio2PhysicRemoveObject( sio2->_SIO2physic, someObject );

// Delete object from the resource manager
      sio2ResourceDel( sio2->_SIO2resource, SIO2_OBJECT, someObject );

sio2ObjectFree( someObject );

It appears that freeing the object may leave some remnants of some sort...

uprise78

Back to top Go down