FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hybrid Skeletal animation ala tutorial 15 - bug?

2 posters

Go down

Hybrid Skeletal animation ala tutorial 15 - bug? Empty Hybrid Skeletal animation ala tutorial 15 - bug?

Post  Tom Thu May 28, 2009 6:56 am

I have a very simple model that I am using to animate a 2d-ish character in orthographic projection mode, using the skeletal animation technique demonstrated in tutorial 15.

I had my character animating the legs and walking fine and it looked great. Then I added bones for the arms and my application still works, now whenever I try to add a keyframe for one of my arm bones my app will crash at load time at the line:

141: _SIO2frame->buf = ( unsigned char * )malloc( _size );

in sio2_frame.cc, and displays:

tutorial15(1604,0xa00e2720) malloc: *** error for object 0x187ac00: incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed.
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
tutorial15(1604,0xa00e2720) malloc: *** error for object 0x187ac00: incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed.
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

in the log.

I don't even think it is an sio2 error because I tried changing the line to:

unsigned char *testBuf = ( unsigned char * ) malloc ( _size ); and that failed too..

and unsigned char *testBuf = ( unsigned char * ) malloc ( 996 );
fails too.. 996 is the value of _size;

howerever malloc (1) works.

I seriously doubt I am out of memory however??? Have I just found a compiler bug with the 3.0 sdk? Anyone have any ideas of what I could try?

Tom

Back to top Go down

Hybrid Skeletal animation ala tutorial 15 - bug? Empty Re: Hybrid Skeletal animation ala tutorial 15 - bug?

Post  sio2interactive Thu May 28, 2009 8:03 am

Use malloc debug there's obviously a leak somewhere and since the frame is shaking alot of memories you are seeing the symptoms here...
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Hybrid Skeletal animation ala tutorial 15 - bug? Empty Re: Hybrid Skeletal animation ala tutorial 15 - bug?

Post  Tom Sun May 31, 2009 8:23 pm

Yeah the problem was with my art assets. Shared faces among vertex groups causes all kinds of madness. Got to be really careful about what faces are in what groups and what not it seems.

Tom

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Sun May 31, 2009 9:10 pm

Talk to me about it, I was the one who do all the dirty integration job and debugging Wink Lemme tell you that I scratch my head quite sometimes on that one hehehe

Glad that it work for you now! Wink
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum