FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Linking Groups from other Blender files

2 posters

Go down

Linking Groups from other Blender files Empty Linking Groups from other Blender files

Post  abdalaleempotter Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:06 pm

Hello,

I am trying to link a Group from another Blender file, but I am finding that it simply does not export with the script. I have the Blender files in the same directory, and have made the texture path relative to the Blender file.

However, it still does not export. Please would you provide any solutions.

Thankyou,

Abdalaleem Potter

abdalaleempotter

Back to top Go down

Linking Groups from other Blender files Empty Re: Linking Groups from other Blender files

Post  oioioi Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:57 pm

If you got two .blend files and want objects from both in to one single .sio2 file all you have to do is open one of them and go to file->Append or Link, then find your other object browsing through the second .blend file. Or did I misunderstand you

oioioi

Back to top Go down

Linking Groups from other Blender files Empty Re: Linking Groups from other Blender files

Post  abdalaleempotter Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:16 pm

Thanks, I already have that working. The items I have 'linked' and then added to the scene using 'Add > Group', which do appear in the file.

The problem is exporting those into SIO2... which does not seem to be working.

abdalaleempotter

Back to top Go down

Post  abdalaleempotter Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:17 pm

Or, the groups I am linking to are not exporting properly. But the existing items are.

abdalaleempotter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down