FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Use GL_MATRIX_PALETTE_OES for Skeletal animation

2 posters

Go down

Use GL_MATRIX_PALETTE_OES for Skeletal animation Empty Use GL_MATRIX_PALETTE_OES for Skeletal animation

Post  soniccat Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:35 pm

Will SDK use GL_MATRIX_PALETTE_OES for skeletal animation implement ?
I think that may be more faster. What is your opinion ?

soniccat

Back to top Go down

Use GL_MATRIX_PALETTE_OES for Skeletal animation Empty Re: Use GL_MATRIX_PALETTE_OES for Skeletal animation

Post  sio2interactive Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:30 pm

The quaternion to matrix will cost alot on a large scale on CPU... but if you are interested to dig deeper than I did... be my guest Wink

Cheers,
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Use GL_MATRIX_PALETTE_OES for Skeletal animation Empty Re: Use GL_MATRIX_PALETTE_OES for Skeletal animation

Post  soniccat Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:11 pm

I looked "10 MatrixPalette" example in oolong engine, and it works ))
That all what i know about it.

I tryed build easy 3d model with bones and animation in 3ds max and export it in .pod scene. In programm animation worked with that GL_MATRIX_PALETTE_OES.

Now i don`t want dig in that thing, may be later Smile. i will email you if i have result.

soniccat

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:43 pm

Having that implementation isn't everything you need to have also an NLA system that is in place that also respond to your physic world... so you'll have alot of coding in front of you to implement that inside the PowerVR MBX SDK...

In the other hand SIO2 gives you the best of both world taking all the quality of MD2 & MD5 format and bundle it for you in a "ready-to-use" solution optimized for the iPhone and iPod Touch... from there its up to you to figure out is SIO2 is really appropriate for your needs Wink
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

Back to top Go down

Post  soniccat Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:52 am

Hmm... that really cool ).
But how i can update my collision model ( RigidBody or other ) for skeletal model when it in animation?
1) Do i must recreate rigidBody every frame (i think that unreal work for little iPhone) ?
2) Or do i must associate unvisible primitive with every bone? Then calculate bullet physic model for that primitives. And when model mesh in animation i will update RigidBodyes ( or other ) through elemental operation ( rotate and move ).

soniccat

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:45 am

What exactly are you trying to do?
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

Back to top Go down

Post  soniccat Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:15 am

I have a 3d man model with skeletal animation. I want catch collision with that model and other.
For example, man raises left hand. I want cath collistion with that hand ( and other man parts of course ) on any animation frame.

I think that when man animate i must update physic model for him.

soniccat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down