FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concept 0 lite

3 posters

Go down

Concept 0 lite Empty Concept 0 lite

Post  Don Jaffa Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:09 am

My game just got accepted by apple, so as of today its officially on the app store Very Happy

Concept 0 lite

This free version was submitted with the free edition of sio2 as I'm saving my indie edition license for the full version, hopefully to be out in the next few weeks, and I am flat broke so cannot afford to buy another license atm. But I will be buying a license for this version retroactively as soon as I've made enough money back from the paid version, as I really appreciate everything you've done and I wouldn't have been able to get my game to market without this great engine Very Happy

Don Jaffa

Back to top Go down

Concept 0 lite Empty Re: Concept 0 lite

Post  yarri Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:48 pm

Love the sense of speed, reminds me of the old Cube Runner game but much nicer graphics:
http://itunes.com/apps/cuberunner

Gave you a good a review, looking forward to the paid version.

How did you do the vehicle animation? Is it tied to the camera velocity, or is there just one "speed" the vehicle runs at?

Are you using physics?

Anything you'd like to see in the SDK to help make life easier...

--yarri

yarri

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Jaffa Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:07 pm

heh cheers Very Happy (I noticed cube runner after I had started development, was a bit annoyed for a while then decided to try and improve on the concept Razz)

Atm the vehicle is only 1 speed, so i just made a simple md2 animation of the wheel spinning. In the full version I'll either adjust the fps of the animation on the fly or create more than one animation - depends how I do the slowdown powerup (haven't got that far yet Razz) and how each affects the performance of the game.

I use physics for collision, and sometimes you may see the obstacles bounce off the player rather than standing still (something I've noticed since publishing to the store, I guess I didn't set the phys up right, but haven't got round to looking at that yet either.

Since it went to store I also noticed some other bugs: The credits button doesn't work, you cant select b when choosing your high score name, when you pause the game the score keeps going up. If anyone was to notice any more I'd greatly appreciate a post in here Razz

In terms of the sdk, the real main problem I had was that you can't refer to collision objects tied to a sensor from within the sensor callback (i.e. you cant select object 0 / object 1 in the callback) - or at least, I couldn't work out how. Other that that its a very well made engine which once you know how to use it is very versatile, just, learning it is hard. So probably the best way for sio2 to go now would be more thorough documentation, which, rather than being a series of tutorials, explains exactly what each function in the engine does.

Don Jaffa

Back to top Go down

Post  yarri Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:23 pm

>the real main problem I had was that you can't refer to collision objects tied to a sensor from within the sensor callback

Not sure if this post helps you:
https://sio2interactive.forumotion.net/sio2-engine-f3/collision-system-t62-15.htm#4020

--yarri

yarri

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:37 pm

The collision sensor callback will give you access to the SIO2sensorcollision handle... from there you have access to the SIO2object, the btRigid body and ALL other data related to the 2 objects...
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Jaffa Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:51 am

Ahh, I guess it was me missing something then - i'll have another look at it, ty Razz

Don Jaffa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum