FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transparency problem

2 posters

Go down

Transparency problem Empty Transparency problem

Post  Musashi35 Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:45 am

Hi, I'm new to using SIO2, and first I want to say bravo SIO2 on the great work with the engine and all the tutorials.

I'm having trouble recreating tutorial04 basically. If I run the tutorial with a .sio2 created from my own blender file exactly as done in the tutorial, there is no transparency as if the blend mode is not set. I set the blend mode to "value" in blender as well as the two-sided option, but still nothing.

Furthermore, I checked the material's blend mode at runtime in the program and it gives a value of 12 which, after a quick look at the sio2 source code, I believe to be correct.

I've looked through options in blender to try to fix this but can't seem to come up with anything. My .blend file includes a simple plane with some vertex color and the textured cube. Also the tutorial works fine when I use the .sio2 provided in the sdk.

Any ideas on what I forgot to do would be greatly appreciated. I'm sorry about posting yet another topic about this, but I couldn't seem to find anything that helped me on the forum.

Thanks.

I'm using blender 2.49a by the way.

Musashi35

Back to top Go down

Transparency problem Empty Re: Transparency problem

Post  sio2interactive Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:19 am

Use Color instead of Value, the blender value have changed internally, as well as the SIO2 tag

SIO2_MATERIAL_VALUE = SIO2_MATERIAL_COLOR in 1.4.0+
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Musashi35 Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:40 pm

Thanks a ton. I thought that blender must have changed something and I had tried a few other blend settings but of course not the right one.

Musashi35

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:02 pm

Most of the blend mode in blender are supported but not all (due to some iPhone limitations) the following mode are fully supported by SIO2:

COLOR
MULTIPLY
ADD
SUBTRACT
DIVIDE
DIFFERENCE
SCREEN
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down