FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

animations...

3 posters

Go down

animations... Empty animations...

Post  leandropim Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:50 pm

first of all, i would like to congratulation for the project, its cool and i want to see it bigger and bigger.
i'm new in mac world, but i know a little bit C/C++, and i would like to learn more....

i have a model with animations from max (not bones) and i want to learn how to put this in SIO2 engine and controls the animation eg. "walk" when i move the camera...

thanks

leandro pim
sorry my poor english

leandropim

Back to top Go down

animations... Empty Re: animations...

Post  jayman Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:35 pm

I'm interested in this as well:) , is there a way to import animations from max?

jayman

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:29 pm

For animations at the moment anything is good, if you have max animation I would suggest you to use an exporter of your choice and create/find the necessary sources to load this model and animate it (MD2 & MD3 shoudn't be too hard to find).

Please take note that SIO2 exporter is not supported in MAX (since its not running on MAC).

If you want to have collision on this animated model just create an invisible ( GHOST ) Cylinder (or whatever your model shape is) and control it as an SIO2object. ( if you need a quick pseudo code lemme know )

Sorry guys for the current lack of animation system, my current day job is taking me an awful lot of time theses days and I didn't have time to work back on SIO2 yet... As soon as this crazy schedule is gone I will focus right away on animations (since alot of people are bugging me for it Wink)

In the meantime you can always add your custom functions and later on simply replace your model with the "official" SIO2 animation format.

Cheers!

Last edited by sio2interactive on Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  leandropim Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:26 pm

well, i have a model in max, and i exported to MDL (3d game studio) but i found a soft called FRAGMOTION and exported MDL animation to MD2 animation, its perfect.

i dont know if 3DS saves animations...
cause 3DS to MD2 its easy... Fragmotion or MilkShape(windows) do it

my old discontinued project...
http://www.leandropim.blogspot.com/

leandro pim

leandropim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down