FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How does these classes tie together.

4 posters

Go down

How does these classes tie together. Empty How does these classes tie together.

Post  hosthvo Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:54 am

Hello everyone,
I'm a programmer, but not a graphics programmer and not familiar with how this engine is tied together. I'm trying to learn how to programming a game to expand my knowledge of programming in general. I'm having trouble piecing how the tutorials are put together. Can someone tell me how the different classes fit together. I haven't had much luck finding documentation to help me.
I notice that there are the png, bullet, jpeg, luna, theora, vorbis, zlib, and sio2, these must be source classes that I need to include with my project in order to use them.

And the template.mm is where the code goes.

But how does the EAGLView.h/.mm and templateAppDelegate fit into the equation?

Also, how does the application know to use the template.mm when there is a touch event. Is it configured somewhere, it is there a convention that I'm missing.

Thanks in advance

hosthvo

Back to top Go down

How does these classes tie together. Empty Re: How does these classes tie together.

Post  sio2interactive Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:13 am

But how does the EAGLView.h/.mm and templateAppDelegate fit into the equation?

>> What I did is take a standard iPhone OpenGL ES project auto-generated by XCode and then add the bits and pieces to run SIO2. The only exception is the template.mm and .h that I create manually and link to the project in order to make things more clear...
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

How does these classes tie together. Empty Thanks for your reply

Post  hosthvo Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:53 am

Thank you for your reply.
I'm having trouble understanding the responsibility of that class. Is it just use as a connector? Can you tell me what is the purpose of those class.

hosthvo

Back to top Go down

How does these classes tie together. Empty Suggested readings...

Post  goldfrapp0x0309 Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:06 am

http://developer.apple.com/iphone/gettingstarted/docs/creatingiphoneapps.action

They're it explains the basic skeleton of an iphone app. In short, the app delegate is the "introducer of your application". Takes care of maintainance and communication with OS etc.

Good Luck
goldfrapp0x0309
goldfrapp0x0309

Back to top Go down

How does these classes tie together. Empty Re: How does these classes tie together.

Post  oioioi Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:41 pm

oioioi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum