FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new SIO2 community wiki - with content!

+4
dillydadally
Francescu
uprise78
demotic
8 posters

Go down

A new SIO2 community wiki - with content! Empty A new SIO2 community wiki - with content!

Post  demotic Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:51 am

Hi All,

People have talked about an SIO2 wiki before, but it somehow never really got started.
Luckily, I had some free time - thanks to the global economic crisis Very Happy - so I started this....

sio2interactive.wikidot.com

It has a structure and about 15 pages of content; a How-To section, a section to explain the tutorial code, common problems using blender etc etc. I got this content from a number of places, mostly the forums here and comments in the tutorial code. I hope that's OK with everyone.

It's set up so that anyone can edit right away, you don't even need to create an account. I humbly suggest it would be a very nice thing for the community if the more knowledgeable users took some time to check what's there already, I probably made mistakes, I'm a beginner at making iPhone games. But obviously anyone who sees a gap in the wiki should feel free to start editing.

thanks

demotic

demotic

Back to top Go down

A new SIO2 community wiki - with content! Empty Re: A new SIO2 community wiki - with content!

Post  uprise78 Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:33 am

demotic,

awesome work on this. I have a bunch of scrap papers all over my desk that I can add to what is already there this weekend.

uprise78

Back to top Go down

A new SIO2 community wiki - with content! Empty Very nice

Post  Francescu Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:49 am

Great content - great job indeed.

This thread should be a 'sticky'.

There is some nice tips posted in the thread below that should probably be posted on the WIKI if not already - the original author might want to do it so I'll wait a bit and if not I can help with posting the ones not already mentioned.

https://sio2interactive.forumotion.net/sio2-engine-f3/documenting-the-great-sio2-t511.htm#2819

Cheers

Francescu

Back to top Go down

A new SIO2 community wiki - with content! Empty Re: A new SIO2 community wiki - with content!

Post  demotic Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:30 pm

thanks

And yes, i copied a lot of stuff from Touch Ski's very useful post, in fact, I even credited him on the front page of the wiki.

demotic

Back to top Go down

Post  dillydadally Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:10 am

Well, I LOVED the wiki... so much so that I did some work on it. I added an SDK function reference, sortable alphabetically, by category, or by the tutorial the function is introduced in. The idea with it is people can now look for info on what every function in the sio2 sdk does, including where to use it, the parameters it takes, what it returns, etc.

I haven't had time to create any pages for the individual functions yet. I did create a template page for each function so it should be easy to edit and keep everything looking nice. Anyone who knows enough, PLEASE start filling out these pages for the functions. I'm just starting, but I'll be adding what I can figure out as I go. Someone with more proficiency in SIO2 could really complete these function pages much better than I.

Last, I really think it would be a great idea to put a link to the wiki on the main page of sio2interactive.com somewhere. It took me forever to find it, and the info demotic has on there is really good and hard to find for a new user. If it was on the front page somewhere it would get a lot more support as more users would find it.

dillydadally

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:58 am

sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  demotic Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:59 am

Anyone thinking of adding to this wiki might be wondering how many people visit the site. Maybe you will find these statistics interesting, since the wiki was launched...

8300 page views
20 to 50 visitors per day, average slowly rising
581 unique visitors, from 52 countries (!) - in order of most visitors...
United States, United Kingdom, India, Singapore, Australia, Brazil, Japan, Germany, Canada, Ukraine, Denmark, Vietnam, Mexico, Spain, Hong Kong, South , Korea, Ireland, Uruguay, Switzerland, France, China, Austria, Argentina, Poland, Romania, Netherlands, Israel, Italy, Pakistan, Greece, Thailand, Portugal, Czech Republic, Taiwan, New Zealand, Belarus, Sweden, Ivory Coast, Malaysia, Russia, Colombia, Norway, Iran, Armenia, Costa Rica, U.S. Virgin Islands, Iceland, Bahrain, Bulgaria, Guyana, South Africa, Finland

demotic

demotic

Back to top Go down

Post  goldfrapp0x0309 Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:13 am

All for sio2. I personally see this engine picking up steam ! We need to release badass apps, n raise the sio2 flag with them ;^) !
goldfrapp0x0309
goldfrapp0x0309

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:04 am

Hehe the next step would also be to be ranked #1 on google when searching "iphone game engine" for some reason the results doesn't show any real game engine on the top but a port of the PowerVR MBX SDK... dunno why Wink

Mouhahahah

Cheers guys!

Keep up the good work Wink

ps: We are just a few weeks away from 1.3.6... the best SIO2 release ever Wink Im tellin'ya Wink Better purchase your certificate now before I change my mind on the pricing hehehe (just kidding). Wink
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sw Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:20 am

sio2interactive wrote:Hehe the next step would also be to be ranked #1 on google when searching "iphone game engine" for some reason the results doesn't show any real game engine on the top but a port of the PowerVR MBX SDK... dunno why Wink

Mouhahahah

Cheers guys!

Keep up the good work Wink

ps: We are just a few weeks away from 1.3.6... the best SIO2 release ever Wink Im tellin'ya Wink Better purchase your certificate now before I change my mind on the pricing hehehe (just kidding). Wink

because of the google's dancing Smile tongue
sw
sw

Back to top Go down

Post  Touch Ski Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:40 pm

Hey guys,

This is all looking great. Kudos to demotic for getting this going. And thank you for the credit, too. This sort of thing is exactly what I was envisioning when I made that post a while back.

-Michael

Touch Ski

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down