FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

downloading sio2 objects to run lua scripts

4 posters

Go down

downloading sio2 objects to run lua scripts Empty downloading sio2 objects to run lua scripts

Post  foobar8675 Thu May 28, 2009 9:25 am

Hi,

At run/init time, I'm interested in being able to download sio2 resources to dynamically load scenes and more importantly, load scripts for running. I wanted to know if this is possible and if anyone has tried this.

thanks and any input is appreciated.

foobar8675

Back to top Go down

downloading sio2 objects to run lua scripts Empty Re: downloading sio2 objects to run lua scripts

Post  oioioi Thu May 28, 2009 9:35 am

Download from a server?

oioioi

Back to top Go down

downloading sio2 objects to run lua scripts Empty Re: downloading sio2 objects to run lua scripts

Post  yarri Thu May 28, 2009 11:05 am

Hi, I'm planning to use Lua for game character AI using scripts loaded from the .sio2 files although I'm worried Apple may reject this. I think the use case you suggest, downloading Lua scripts from a server, will absolutely violate the Apple SDK license, check out this section in the 2.2.1 Agreement:

3.3.2 An Application may not itself install or launch other executable code by any
means, including without limitation through the use of a plug-in architecture, calling other
frameworks, other APIs or otherwise. No interpreted code may be downloaded and used in
an Application except for code that is interpreted and run by Apple's Published APIs and built-
in interpreter(s).

And you can follow this thread on the Apple Dev Forums, although no one from Apple has replied:
https://devforums.apple.com/message/31531#31531

--yarri

yarri

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Thu May 28, 2009 4:44 pm

I do believe that this app will be rejected, but yes its possible to do so... check sio2_socket in tutorial13_1 & tutorial13_2, with that you can easily create a download protocol that will stream .sio2.
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  oioioi Fri May 29, 2009 7:20 am

There is at least one game in appstore that allows users to download community maps. The racing game that was popular some time ago got a map editor and you can download and upload maps to their server

oioioi

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum