FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

playback 12 pictures for animation effect

3 posters

Go down

playback 12 pictures for animation effect Empty playback 12 pictures for animation effect

Post  littlesweb Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:14 pm

Hi:

As I need to playback 12 pictures to produce animation effects.

1. I follow tut 06, use SIOimage to load every picture. As a picture is about 100k in png format, after load it into iPhone,
it need about 500-600k memory maybe, then the program need more then 60M memory, at last it will be killed by system.

( There are 5 sets of pictures, that 70 pictures).

Then at every cycle of render, I read the picture, bind it with widget, render widget, then release the memory to avoid crash,
but the speed is too slow to be animation effect, I noticed even remove the step of release memory, the speed is not
changed apparently.

2. I use some program to convert these pictures to a ogv file then play it as tut 07, but effects is not accepted.

Now, I just try to use pvr tools and need to change some code in SIO2 to use pvr format.

You guys has any suggestion?

Thanks

littlesweb

Back to top Go down

playback 12 pictures for animation effect Empty Re: playback 12 pictures for animation effect

Post  sio2interactive Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:27 pm

OGV is definitely the way to go... PVR won't help you for this... texture upload on the device is, pardon my french but damn slow... you'll have to balance the work load... use smaller OGV what i found is like the "top" acceptable size vs performance for OGV is 256x256 at 10 ~ 15 fps.

That's the limitation of the device there's nothing you can do about it...

Cheers,
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

playback 12 pictures for animation effect Empty Re: playback 12 pictures for animation effect

Post  MistaED Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:11 pm

Just a suggestion, would it be possible the atlas these images onto one large 1024x1024 texture and then just move the UV co-ords to do the animation? Or perhaps do this in conjunction with loading the high res image with a sneaky blend between the lower res atlased image to the higher res loaded image to hide the upload time?

MistaED

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:46 am

Simply using an atlas and moving the UV with the texture matrix is obviously the most optimized choice...
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down