FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New User here

4 posters

Go down

New User here Empty New User here

Post  maskawaih Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:04 am

Hi there,

First of all, my apology if I opened this topic in wrong section (admin/moderator may move this elsewhere appropriate). Actually I have an undergoing project to create a racing game for iPhone. Anything with basic playability is ok as my colleague and I are currently required to build it. Before I go towards my project requirements, let me explain abit of myself. I am basically new with Xcode as well as Mac OS X itself. I have some knowledge on C/C++ language and Objective C is not that boombastic stuff to learn. I just got a Macbook just for this project (not mine tho).

So, my employer wants me to build an application from scratch. We have a deadline on September and for a couple months we have been trying several tutorials and looking at a number of examples for iPhone development that available on the internet. Eventually, our early months of development should be about getting a solution to on how we should be developing for our game. Learning OpenGL ES from scratch is one of the way but I believe it's a looong way to go. I am thinking of using available tools on the internet and I found several tools like Unity and also SIO2 SDK. As much as Unity is being provided with much support and a trial software as well, it does not provided with iPhone development tool for trial version. Of course, I may eventually purchase the Unity package but currently I am still searching for alternatives. So I downloaded SIO2 SDK and suddenly being dumbfounded as I am not sure where should I start. I am not really used to Blender. Also, the videos provided on YouTube are not that clear and the tutorials are only on video formats. If you have better formats, please point me where can I get it or perhaps you can upload them on MediaFire or RapidShare. On the other hand, your tutorials on Blender look like for advanced users. But there's Blender tutorial for that matter so I believe I can cope with that. I am really interested with SIO2 SDK for the time being. Being an open source engine, it is an advantage over other available tools out there. Yet paid versions like Unity does have an edge especially on support division. But I am still doubting whether if I really bought the tools (for example the indie package of USD 199 + USD 399), will I be able to use it well since I couldn't test the tools much on trial version?

Anyway, my Macbook is from 2007 I guess. It comes with 2.1 Ghz and only 1 gb of RAM. Will it be enough for a developer like me to develop iPhone games with it?

maskawaih

Back to top Go down

New User here Empty Re: New User here

Post  oioioi Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:48 am

You can download the videos in high quality here http://sio2.dreamhosters.com/Smile. Your Macbook should work just fine.

oioioi

Back to top Go down

Post  maskawaih Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:19 pm

Thanks man. Anyway, I am having a problem with Blender at the moment where the application crashed just as I was following Tutorial02 (just before exporting the script thingy). I am thinking that my Macbook doesn't have enough juice to run and needs more RAM. What do you guys think?

maskawaih

Back to top Go down

Post  meteors Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:24 pm

I doubt the RAM is the problem.

Blender does crash from time to time.

-j
meteors
meteors

Back to top Go down

Post  JonPru Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:55 pm

I don't think its your RAM either. What graphics chipset do you have? There is a problem with the Intel one that came in the black and white macbooks. OSX update 10.5.5 or something made it even worse or something from what I understand. I had to ditch mine and get a new one I just feel bad as not everyone can afford that.

Let me know if this helps

Jonathan

JonPru

Back to top Go down

Post  maskawaih Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:53 am

My Macbook chipset is Intel. Blender always crashing. confused Is there any way to solve it?

maskawaih

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down