FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contact Sensor

3 posters

Go down

Contact Sensor Empty Contact Sensor

Post  collisionality Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:57 pm

I would be eternally grateful if someone would post an example of a working contact sensor. I would like to use it to detect when my camera object collides with any other object.

I've created a new contact sensor and a callback method and set collision flags using
Code:
_btRigidBody->setCollisionFlags( btCollisionObject::CF_CUSTOM_MATERIAL_CALLBACK );

But I can't figure out how to check it. Am I at least on the right track? I'm sorry I can't figure this out.

Thanks!

collisionality

Back to top Go down

Contact Sensor Empty Re: Contact Sensor

Post  Jawdy Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:37 am

Really check Tutorial06_1 and _2 over and over - there's stuff about the camera's collision in there that would probably help.
Jawdy
Jawdy

http://www.gaslightgames.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  collisionality Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:17 am

Thanks, Jawdy. I've watched and examined the heck out of tutorial 6, and physics is working great. I don't fall through the ground and I can push objects around. What I'm looking for is a way to determine when I'm hitting something so that I can, for example, play a sound. I don't even care what I'm hitting, I just want to know when a collision with my camera object has occurred. This seems like one of those things that should be easy, but I just can't puzzle it out.

collisionality

Back to top Go down

Post  sw Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:04 am

collisionality wrote:Thanks, Jawdy. I've watched and examined the heck out of tutorial 6, and physics is working great. I don't fall through the ground and I can push objects around. What I'm looking for is a way to determine when I'm hitting something so that I can, for example, play a sound. I don't even care what I'm hitting, I just want to know when a collision with my camera object has occurred. This seems like one of those things that should be easy, but I just can't puzzle it out.

Laughing Laughing Laughing trust me, you get the collision WHEN you hit some physic things tongue tongue
sw
sw

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down