FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many faces?

2 posters

Go down

How many faces? Empty How many faces?

Post  JonPru Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:12 am

I have been way out of the loop for the last few months. I have tried to keep up and I have noticed talk of performance improvements with the proper use of texture maps and what not. My question is what is the highest number of faces you have used in a scene with good results performance wise? Did I see mentioned once you got up to 14,000 Ron(SIO2 Superman!)?

Its good to be back. I have been away from development for a while. Thanks in advance for your help guys. I am really hoping we are well beyond the original recommended max 6,000 poly count from the first release.

Jonathan

JonPru

Back to top Go down

How many faces? Empty Re: How many faces?

Post  sio2interactive Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:28 pm

Did I see mentioned once you got up to 14,000 Ron(SIO2 Superman!)?

>> Yup, giving me an FPS of 40+

I am really hoping we are well beyond the original recommended max 6,000 poly count from the first release.

>> Well its per FOV not the TOTAL # of polygon in the scene... Someone else not so long ago was confuse by that... Ma'bad I should have been more clear on that one Wink
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JonPru Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:12 pm

FOV meaning field of view right?
Thats awesome!! I haven't understood that since day one. All this time I haven't known. kinda funny.

Jonathan

JonPru

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down