FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blank Screens at run

2 posters

Go down

Blank Screens at run Empty Blank Screens at run

Post  DumbGames Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:50 pm

I am trying to figure out how to use this engine so I am messing around with the tutorials. When I load the tutorial .blend examples and export them (creating a .soi2) and try to include that in the xCode template, the screen stays black after load (both sim and iPhone). Am I missing something? I made no changes to the .blend so I must be missing something in the export process.
Any help would be appreciated

DumbGames

Back to top Go down

Blank Screens at run Empty Re: Blank Screens at run

Post  sio2interactive Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:32 am

Make sure that your SELECTED objects are located on layer #1... Only that layer is exported, so this gives you the opportunity to have multiple pieces of scene in different layers and move the necessary objects to export etc...

I also invite you to first check all the video tutorials to have a better understanding of the process as well as the structure and what can and cannot be done in SIO2...

Have fun,

Cheers,
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Blank Screens at run Empty not it

Post  DumbGames Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:53 pm

It wasn't the layers issue, but I am figuring it out. This engine is the most amazing thing I have come across in 20 years of programming. It is easy enough to use (with blender) yet gives the programmer freedom to actually program freely. YOU ARE THE MAN! a developer after my own heart

Last edited by DumbGames on Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : figured it out)

DumbGames

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:40 am

Thanks a bunch, that was exactly what I was trying to achieve, I think that most game engines are too cumbersome and force you to use "their" way in order to code your game, that's why I try to make SIO2 as easy to use and as flexible as possible (which is no small task!), it does have its limitations at the moment but I'll try to improve the features and expand its capability during the next few months... Im glad to like it, lemme know if you have any questions or want more information, I would be more than happy to help Wink

Cheers,

Last edited by sio2interactive on Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo...)
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down