FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Load times

2 posters

Go down

Load times Empty Load times

Post  unknown Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:16 am

I am yet to actually test the sio2 engine, but i was wondering what sort of load times to expect from scene with only a few objects?

unknown

Back to top Go down

Load times Empty Re: Load times

Post  sio2interactive Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:39 am

Hummmmm almost instantaneous... what take the most time is loading the textures & sound all the rest is pretty quick... Like the scene that I use on the video for the home page on the device its about 4 sec to load on the device and 0.4 sec on my MBP so that's about the ratio that you can expect.
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  unknown Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:57 am

Thanks for the quick reply, im curious, is SIO2 a one man operation?

unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:06 am

Yes sir, Im a one man army Wink
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

Back to top Go down

Post  unknown Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:08 am

well i for one congratulate you on what you've done so far and hope it continues.

unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:13 am

Well tks man! I definitely appreciate that but, the fact that this is a one man show also really slow down things... since I really have to handle everything, Im hoping that with the help of the community, we can make the engine more complete as well as be able to provide better documentation and support, and also to create open source games that everyone can download the source and use them in order to help their current project(s).
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

Back to top Go down

Post  unknown Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:18 am

Similar to blenders community, i Think thats would only be a good thing. But how would open source work with the app store?
sorry if i took this off topic.

unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:38 am

Well for the app. store what I see is pretty much like blender do with their "pre-order" DVD, it'll work pretty much the same you can basically "purchase" the game and it goes straight as a "donation" in order to keep the current and future project alive etc... maybe some goodies as well (shirt, cap etc...) something like that... and all the source code can be downloaded from the SIO2 website and available to the community.

So basically what Im trying to create is like an "Open Source Game Foundation"... or something like that... pretty much like what blender does, which I think is great and a win-win combination for everybody, but more mobile game oriented. Most the of people theses days don't have time to spend like 60 hours on an RPG, alot of young professionals today that grew up with games still want to play but don't have the time to go into long gameplay hours. Im not talking about casual games, better than that but that they can carry in their pocket and can play in the metro, bus, taxi on their way to work etc... I think there's alot of peoples in that same situation and well SIO2 fulfill a need and give it right back to its community. That's maybe a too optimistic vision but I think that can work Wink
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down