FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iPhone and iPod Touch Development using Microsoft Visual C++

+3
zzajin
uprise78
sio2interactive
7 posters

Go down

Would you like to be able to develop C/C++ OpenGL ES 3D application using Visual Studio for iPhone and iPod Touch?

iPhone and iPod Touch Development using Microsoft Visual C++ Vote_lcap38%iPhone and iPod Touch Development using Microsoft Visual C++ Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 8 ]
iPhone and iPod Touch Development using Microsoft Visual C++ Vote_lcap62%iPhone and iPod Touch Development using Microsoft Visual C++ Vote_rcap 62% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 21

iPhone and iPod Touch Development using Microsoft Visual C++ Empty iPhone and iPod Touch Development using Microsoft Visual C++

Post  sio2interactive Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:37 pm

Hey guys,

Before going forward with the iPhone Simulator for Windows, I would like to make sure that there is a need. What I can offer you is the following:

- Port of the SIO2 SDK for Windows.
- Program 3D application using SIO2 with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express (since its free).
- Pure OpenGL ES implementation (same as on iPhone).
- Remote Control IO for the accelerometer using a Device and a PC. (similar as tutorial13)
- Simulate touch/multi touch the same way the simulator does it on Mac.
- Easy to use structure for you to port your VC++ to XCode to do the final compilation for the iPhone.
- Assets can still be created with Blender but will have to be linked manually. (no drag drop there's no .app on windows)
- Finally the simulator will be integrated inside a .lib, that you'll have to initialize then all the rest is the same as on MAC.
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

iPhone and iPod Touch Development using Microsoft Visual C++ Empty Re: iPhone and iPod Touch Development using Microsoft Visual C++

Post  uprise78 Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:31 pm

It doesn't make any sense at all to duplicate what is already on the Mac on a Windows machine. You cannot do any real testing on an iPhone on Windows. You cannot even build an iPhone application for release in the App Store on Windows.

I would much, MUCH, *MUCH* rather see further development on the core of SIO2 along with tutorials. Focus effort and time where it makes sense: on the further development of the engine itself. Leave the tool development to the programmers out here who need them.

uprise78

Back to top Go down

iPhone and iPod Touch Development using Microsoft Visual C++ Empty Re: iPhone and iPod Touch Development using Microsoft Visual C++

Post  zzajin Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:54 pm

I voted 'no', but I'm being selfish. All that matters to me is an iPhone optimized engine, blender, and LUA.

However, I would guess this poll is subject to a self selection bias toward mac developers. I think it would be hard to gauge how much demand there really is for this type of development. I think people are already doing this as I suspect a fair amount of development for that 'Dexter' game was done on windows as they originally released screenshots from some sort of emulation. Also, it sometimes sounds like people are doing things in windows on the Oolong list.

zzajin

Back to top Go down

iPhone and iPod Touch Development using Microsoft Visual C++ Empty RE: IPHONE AND IPOD TOUCH DEVELOPMENT USING MICROSOFT VISUAL C+

Post  clem394 Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:16 pm

I believe that you would find a pretty good market for your product on Windows. There are more windows users and I'm sure there are several users that would like to develop for the iphone / iPod touch but they just don't want to take the time to learn a whole new OS and a different coding language.

clem394

Back to top Go down

iPhone and iPod Touch Development using Microsoft Visual C++ Empty Of course!

Post  Devain Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:26 am

Had to register...

I simply can't see how "no" would be a dominant answer without a seriously biased view. I've read countless blog posts, articles and other views on how people would want to use Microsoft computers for iPhone development. And with tutorials and macros for cross-compiling on a Mac or in some other (magic) way, I can't see why not?

I for one would prefer to code in Visual Studio.

Devain

Back to top Go down

Post  cybergreg Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:34 am

uprise78 wrote:It doesn't make any sense at all to duplicate what is already on the Mac on a Windows machine. You cannot do any real testing on an iPhone on Windows. You cannot even build an iPhone application for release in the App Store on Windows.

I would much, MUCH, *MUCH* rather see further development on the core of SIO2 along with tutorials. Focus effort and time where it makes sense: on the further development of the engine itself. Leave the tool development to the programmers out here who need them.

+=1

Cool
cybergreg
cybergreg

Back to top Go down

iPhone and iPod Touch Development using Microsoft Visual C++ Empty sio2 windows

Post  NeilBright Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:06 am

I don't see the point of making the effort so that apps can be developed for iPhone on windows (get a Mac). I would however like to be able to use sio2 library to develop for Windows mobile, android and symbain etc.

Anyone else wanting to do this....???

P.S. has anyone managed to build sio2 on windows as I would like to eventually.

Last edited by NeilBright on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

NeilBright

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down