FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pull from Documents folder instead of Resources folder

3 posters

Go down

Pull from Documents folder instead of Resources folder Empty Pull from Documents folder instead of Resources folder

Post  chondrite Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:06 pm

Hi again,

Do I need to change anything in XCode so my app looks for assets in Documents instead of Resources?

Thanks!

chondrite

Back to top Go down

Pull from Documents folder instead of Resources folder Empty Re: Pull from Documents folder instead of Resources folder

Post  sio2interactive Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:01 am

Not in XCode in the code... you need to get the document folder and get read access on the file. Check the source of the MeditationGarden...
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Pull from Documents folder instead of Resources folder Empty Re: Pull from Documents folder instead of Resources folder

Post  cybergreg Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:14 am

The Apple developer site has examples for this. You should also know that what you include in your "Resources" folder is what is "bundled" inside your application (.app). When your application is installed there will be nothing in your Documents (or any other sandbox folders). You will have to copy (or create) your data files and write them into the Documents folder from inside your app.

Good luck

PS The format ROm has created with SIO2 is great, I strongly suggest you use it.
:-)
cybergreg
cybergreg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down