FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Requests: FPS display and Pause

2 posters

Go down

2 Requests:  FPS display and Pause Empty 2 Requests: FPS display and Pause

Post  uprise78 Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:39 pm

I find that I add to just about every project some means of displaying FPS so maybe it would be useful to have a built in mechanism to display FPS for debugging. Pause would also be a good one to have as well.

uprise78

Back to top Go down

2 Requests:  FPS display and Pause Empty Re: 2 Requests: FPS display and Pause

Post  matt Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:23 pm

I agree that both are very useful features, but I believe that they heavily depend on the underlying application. The way how the SIO2 examples' render-loops are implemented are just one way to do it, and I for one did it in a different way. Built-in FPS display and especially a pause-mechanism wouldn't work for me.

But you have everything you need at hand: an FPS counter in sio2->_SIO2window->fps (or something like that, not sure), font rendering with SIO2Font and a default-font default16x16.tga. I wrote some SIO2 wrapper classes to speed up coding (e.g. to create and render 2D sprites with texture-rectangles, rotation, coloring, etc.) and you probably could do the same with the means mentioned and then re-use that in your projects.

Best,
Matt

matt

http://elfrun.net

Back to top Go down

Post  uprise78 Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:25 pm

I dont know how I missed the fps on the SIO2window. That makes things a lot easier. I'll probably do as you suggested and just make my own template with pause and fps built in.

uprise78

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down