FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many guys bought the SIO2 SDK v1.3.5 Indie Certificate

+5
sio2interactive
oioioi
meteors
Jawdy
sw
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How many guys bought the SIO2 SDK v1.3.5  Indie Certificate Empty How many guys bought the SIO2 SDK v1.3.5 Indie Certificate

Post  sw Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:10 am

How many guys bought the SIO2 SDK v1.3.5 Indie Certificate ?
if you have bought the Indie Certificate please :
1. have you released your games based on SIO2 engine ?
2. have you bought any other iphone game engine ?

ok, i first :
1. yes, i have bought the sio2 sdk indie , only $49.9 . i think it is worth $500 .
2. yes, i have released my first iphone game on App Store.
3. yes. i have bought the unity3d indie and advance license . it cost me about $3000 , with a very high price ! but it support psp and web and with a easy to use user interface.
the second is the iGBA, i think it is hard to use than unity3d .

but , i'd rather to use the SIO2 , because it runs faster than unity3d . i have about 7 years of C/C++ experience , so i choose the SIO2 + Blender.

How about you guys ?
sw
sw

Back to top Go down

How many guys bought the SIO2 SDK v1.3.5  Indie Certificate Empty Re: How many guys bought the SIO2 SDK v1.3.5 Indie Certificate

Post  Jawdy Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:29 am

1) No I haven't and until you've just mentioned it, I didn't even know there was a certificate! That said, I've wanted to know if there would be a donation system in place - so I will definately be buying one!

2) Haven't bought any. I tried using Oolong, but felt the SIO2 + Blender direct integration was far better for our needs, that and I think Blender is the best 3D app out there!
Jawdy
Jawdy

http://www.gaslightgames.co.uk

Back to top Go down

How many guys bought the SIO2 SDK v1.3.5  Indie Certificate Empty Re: How many guys bought the SIO2 SDK v1.3.5 Indie Certificate

Post  meteors Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:43 am

"Blender is the best 3D app out there"

Not to start a flame war, but I think a lot of people who say this haven't worked very much with other 3D apps. Maya had everything Blender has now, 10 years ago :-)

And yes, Maya costs thousands of dollars, so it's not necessarily a fair comparison.

-j
meteors
meteors

Back to top Go down

Post  Jawdy Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:48 am

meteors wrote:"Blender is the best 3D app out there"

Not to start a flame war, but I think a lot of people who say this haven't worked very much with other 3D apps. Maya had everything Blender has now, 10 years ago :-)

And yes, Maya costs thousands of dollars, so it's not necessarily a fair comparison.

-j
I was fully prepared for that ;-) And don't apologise - however, I _can_ justify my claims.
I've used 3D SMAX (a very long time ago, so I KNOW it has changed tremendously) and Maya 8.0 Unlimited (whilst 8.5 is out, this is another fault with Autodesk as it's considered a major revision and you have to pay for the new version, which is rediculous!). I found Maya to be buggy as hell, and I used the MEL scripting language along with the C++ API, and found this _almost_ pointless when you put it next to Blender and it's Python integration. That's not to say that Maya is bad, no no no, it's very good - but Blender is free, cross-platform, tiny install and run-time footprints, has vast numbers of scripts etc...

Hmm, I think I sound like a Blender zealot! I prefer Blender and think I should leave it at that *shrugs*
Jawdy
Jawdy

Back to top Go down

Post  meteors Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:52 am

Well, I'm still using Maya 6. I stuck with it because it's stable (although I haven't used it on Intel macs), and I mainly use Maya just for modeling.

Maya has been owned by at least four different companies. It's an incredibly complex codebase to maintain, and so they constantly release new "versions" to bring in revenue.

Best,
-j
meteors
meteors

Back to top Go down

Post  Jawdy Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:57 am

I can really appreciate what they do, and it does have such a broad range of functions and items... but when you fork out $000's for one version which desperately needs patching, you can't be expected to fork out that same amount of money for a "new" version that it's pretty much just a set of bug fixes.
New functionality I can justify paying for - or a new ray-tracing renderer etc... but fixing bugs, that should be free!

I stopped using Maya shortly after University when I couldn't afford the license, so tried Blender and stuck with it.

Anyone had any joy with XSi (Valve use it a lot apparently?). Oh, and with modelling in Maya, how easy is the port from Maya->Blender->SIO2? Any problems at all?
Jawdy
Jawdy

Back to top Go down

Post  oioioi Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:57 am

1. no, I don't got a credit card so I can't buy it yet. And I would rather just donate money if I understood the license, all the difference is the splash screen? I want to mention sio2 in my splash screen if I ever release an app.

What app did you make sw? (name)

oioioi

Back to top Go down

Post  meteors Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:59 am

"Oh, and with modelling in Maya, how easy is the port from Maya->Blender->SIO2? Any problems at all?"

I just export from Maya as .OBJ. Blender imports them beautifully, although I don't think you can export textures this way.

My favorite thing about Blender is the importers; the team should be very proud of that.

-j
meteors
meteors

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:01 am

Well basically the indie certificate is the donation... And wave the eula for a game for every purchase that you make... I do this to give something more than just plain old donation system... By donating you get something back.
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:08 am

Concernig the maya sio2 integration I'm sure it would be very easy to write a script that produce the same output as the blender exporter ... I do not own maya so I cannot write it but if someone have one be my guest I'll provide all the necessary support but I think that the file format specification pdf that comes with the sdk should answer all your questions...
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

Back to top Go down

Post  Jawdy Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:24 am

sio2interactive wrote:Well basically the indie certificate is the donation... And wave the eula for a game for every purchase that you make... I do this to give something more than just plain old donation system... By donating you get something back.
It is a brilliant idea, and thanks for making/keeping it free :-)

sio2interactive wrote:Concernig the maya sio2 integration I'm sure it would be very easy to write a script that produce the same output as the blender exporter ... I do not own maya so I cannot write it but if someone have one be my guest I'll provide all the necessary support but I think that the file format specification pdf that comes with the sdk should answer all your questions...
I'll see if I have the spare time, but could grab some old notes I have about Maya's MEL (Embedded Language) scripts and write one up. I'll have to check on backwards compatability... unless anyone else could write it faster?
Jawdy
Jawdy

Back to top Go down

Post  meteors Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:55 am

To be honest, I have become comfortable enough in Blender that I really don't need a Maya exporter. However, you might be able to attract more people to SIO2 by writing one.

-j
meteors
meteors

Back to top Go down

Post  sw Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:30 am

oioioi wrote:1. no, I don't got a credit card so I can't buy it yet. And I would rather just donate money if I understood the license, all the difference is the splash screen? I want to mention sio2 in my splash screen if I ever release an app.

What app did you make sw? (name)

the name is " supertank " , i get about 80 email from the players and give me a lots of suggestions, but maybe i can't release a upgrade , because so many suggestions it will kill me.
i just write a part of this game, the first part in writed by another guy. tongue

Last edited by sw on Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
sw
sw

Back to top Go down

Post  oioioi Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:36 am

Is the game no fun? It looks great, but the reviews says the shooting is bad. And only one dollar affraid

oioioi

Back to top Go down

Post  sw Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:42 am

oioioi wrote:Is the game no fun? It looks great, but the reviews says the shooting is bad. And only one dollar affraid

yes. honestly i can write code, but i can't design a game. many player did not know how to shoot Smile Rolling Eyes
sw
sw

Back to top Go down

Post  sw Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:42 am

oioioi wrote:Is the game no fun? It looks great, but the reviews says the shooting is bad. And only one dollar affraid

yes, the price drop from $1.99 to 0.99 after i release it 3 days Smile

some guy talk about my game : http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=5426
sw
sw

Back to top Go down

Post  oioioi Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:47 am

Ok, so they failed. Maybe make a tutorial?

oioioi

Back to top Go down

Post  sw Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:51 am

oioioi wrote:Ok, so they failed. Maybe make a tutorial?

no, i just modified the game to fit the player's habit.
and the next map will release soon, all the playgame has changed.
the player can buy bullet missile ...
and maybe it will support muil-player in arena . hope it will be finished asap . What a Face
sw
sw

Back to top Go down

Post  oioioi Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:02 am

That sounds sweet Very Happy . Maybe I should go out to buy a iTunes gift card when the update comes

oioioi

Back to top Go down

Post  sw Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:05 am

oioioi wrote:That sounds sweet Very Happy . Maybe I should go out to buy a iTunes gift card when the update comes

i really did not know if players really want a muil-player function. because there is only one muil-player game in top 100 .
sw
sw

Back to top Go down

Post  sw Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:06 am

i will sent you a promo code when the upgrade version released.
sw
sw

Back to top Go down

Post  oioioi Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:12 am

Thanks a lot! Just tell me if you need my help

oioioi

Back to top Go down

Post  sw Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:13 am

OK, thx.
sw
sw

Back to top Go down

Post  void* Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:17 pm

I haven't downloaded 1.3.5 and I think I'll wait a bit. I am still looking at alternatives like oolong or integrating bullet and so on by hand. It is still a learning thing for me at the moment. I Just started looking at this a week ago.

void*

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:04 am

Take a look I've updated this page with a quick FAQ, explaining how it work:

http://sio2interactive.com/DOWNLOAD.html
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next