FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CodeSign error

4 posters

Go down

CodeSign error Empty CodeSign error

Post  bugman_2000 Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:23 am

Hi,

I've created a project based upon the Sio2 template. I can run it fine on the simulator and on my iPod touch hardware in Debug mode. I have the Apple developer certification.

When I try to install the software on my iPod touch in Release mode, however, it won't build and I get "Codesign error: Code Signing Identity 'iPhone Developer: Romain Marucchi' does not match any code-signing certificate in your keychain."

I assume this is probably the creator of the original template project (Sio2Interactive?) but I've been googling all over the place and I can't figure out how to switch or delete this original code signing entity.

I suppose I could start a clean project and then make a template of my own by hand, but if there's any way to change this directly please let me know.

T

bugman_2000

Back to top Go down

CodeSign error Empty Re: CodeSign error

Post  ColorDelta Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:07 am

Did you already change Xcode => Project => Edit Project Settings => Code Signing Identity => Any iPhone OS Device ?

Last edited by ColorDelta on Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

ColorDelta

Back to top Go down

Post  bugman_2000 Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:58 pm

Nope! That was exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks!

bugman_2000

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:40 pm

No man simply choose your certificate from the list and stop using mine Wink
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Francescu Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:45 pm

bugman_2000 wrote:Well, that worked on running one of the sample tutorials. But now back with my own application I am running into the same build error, even after setting myself (or trying "Don't Code Sign") in the Project build settings. I have no idea why it's getting this wrong, because it's totally clear that I'm listed as the code signing entity.

Is this cached somewhere? I've deleted the build directory, but it keeps giving the same "Romain Marucchi" build error.
Just in case, make sure to clean all targets and restart XCode...then rebuild & run

My new certificate was not appearing until I restarted XCode and drove me nuts at some point ;-)

Francescu

Back to top Go down

Post  bugman_2000 Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:03 pm

Thanks. Unfortunately, I tried Build>Clean All Targets, then shut down and restarted XCode... But still the same problem. The Code Signing Entity is set correctly according to the info list but I still get the same build error.

bugman_2000

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:06 pm

Project -> Active Target -> Code Signing Identity -> Any iPhone OS Device -> Your certificate
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bugman_2000 Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:13 pm

Ah, thank you. So the Project and the Target have separate info lists.. It really did work this time.

T

bugman_2000

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down