FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem in tutorial 02 using my own model

4 posters

Go down

Problem in tutorial 02 using my own model Empty Problem in tutorial 02 using my own model

Post  berenger Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:37 pm

Hello,
First of all, thanks for every thing available and I hope I will succeed to make my own game with SIO2.

But, I am very far from there (I am at tutorial 02 level)...

I try to use my own blender model and use it with tutorial02.
Well, it is working, but not totally.

Many faces are not visible. I used a mesh sphere (+modification) and vertex paint, then I converted quad to triangle, and here is the result :

Problem in tutorial 02 using my own model Image_11

What can be the problem? Maybe I need to use a template projet (and not the tutorial02 xcode project) ??
(I am a software developer ... it was difficult to use blender)

Thanks a lot.

berenger

Back to top Go down

Problem in tutorial 02 using my own model Empty Re: Problem in tutorial 02 using my own model

Post  calebcohoon Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:57 pm

Hello,

Try recalculating the normals of the object. To do this in blender select the model in object mode then press tab to switch over to edit mode. Press ctrl+n and it will recalculate the outside normals. See if that helps.

Also, make sure you adjust the objects center so everything is drawn properly. To do this, select the object then go to the editing panel(f9) and in the mesh window press Center New. You should always check to make sure your objects have a correct center placement.

calebcohoon

Back to top Go down

Problem in tutorial 02 using my own model Empty Re: Problem in tutorial 02 using my own model

Post  berenger Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:31 pm

Thanks a lot for this tips, I tried but it still not fully visible pale .
If I do a preview on blender it is fully visible, so I do not understand if the problem is coming from blender or xcode.

... I do not want to make another model!! Neutral

berenger

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Try to:

1. Convert quads to triangles

2. Delete the vertexgroup and recreate it

3. Delete all the material associated then re-link them

4. If you are using alpha texture make sure that the blending value is set to Color and not Value like in the previous SIO2.

Cheers!
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Problem in tutorial 02 using my own model Empty own model won't rotate

Post  kramakant Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:41 pm

Hi,

Am new to SIO2 and Blender. I am not sure if there was a specific way of creating the blender model used in the tutorial. I exported my custom model from blender into .sio2 format and used that in the Tutorial 02. It's shows up as expected in the iPhone. The only problem is, it does not rotate with the finger swap. Not sure if it's something to do with Blender model (which I suspect) or the xCode project. I feel if the Tutorial model rotates without any code change, my custom one should too. Hence, I wanted to know if there is any particular setting in Blender that I need to play around with while creating my model for it to rotate in iPhone.

Regards,
Ramakant

kramakant

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:18 pm

Read the comments in the code... Inside that tutorial I show how to be able to get the handle of a specific object and then do some operation on its matrix that are directly affected on screen.
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kramakant Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:29 pm

Appreciate your quick response. Will do the same. Thanks.

kramakant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down