FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOW-TO: Blender Exporter on Windows

3 posters

Go down

HOW-TO: Blender Exporter on Windows Empty HOW-TO: Blender Exporter on Windows

Post  tbraun Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:46 am

I have successfully been able to get the blender exporter working on windows by making few tweaks. Here are the steps required to get it working.

1. Install Cygwin. Cygwin is a free, open source utility which adds the common *nix commands to windows. The ones we are interested in are zip and cp. Zip isn't installed by Cygwin by default so you will have to find it in the list of packages in the installer.
  2. Add Cygwin bin folder to the system path. Right click on "My Computer" and select properties. In the System Properties window, select the "Advanced" tab and click the "Environment Variables" button. Update or Add the PATH user variable and set it's value to:

%PATH%;C:\cygwin\bin;<existing stuff if here>

This assumes you have installed Cygwin in the default location.
  3. Update sio2_exporter_v1.2.x.py. The exporter plugin opens all the files in text mode which causes complications when you bring the file over to your mac for development. In text mode, Python converts "\n" to "\r\n" since that is what the Windows standard is. Update the open statements on lines 487, 573, 763 and 933 and change the second argument from "w" to "wb". This will tell Python to open the file in binary mode which will bypass the new line character conversion.

Thats it. The files will be created successfully and work with the Sio2 library beautifully.

Hope this helps,
Tim

tbraun

Back to top Go down

HOW-TO: Blender Exporter on Windows Empty Re: HOW-TO: Blender Exporter on Windows

Post  sio2interactive Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:33 pm

I'll modify the "w" for "wb" so the exporter will work on both windows & macOS like that...
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

HOW-TO: Blender Exporter on Windows Empty Re: HOW-TO: Blender Exporter on Windows

Post  joric Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:01 pm

How's about a complete windows port of sio2? Are there anything for now?

joric

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:16 pm

Well that would basically be illegal... it is mentioned in the agreement that if you want to develop on the devices you have to use the official Apple SDK...
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

Back to top Go down

Post  joric Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:16 pm

sio2interactive wrote:Well that would basically be illegal... it is mentioned in the agreement that if you want to develop on the devices you have to use the official Apple SDK...
I don't get it. Companies are mostly porting their games than developing from the scratch, and the most amount of work was made on windows machines (personally I've spend 95% of time on windows while making a port and have literally only ~500 lines of platform-specific code).

joric

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:38 pm

What I mean is the final product have to be compiled using the official SDK... I know that there's some "non-official" port that allow you to compile device code on windows... and thats what I mean is illegal... As long as you are using the Apple SDK to compile the final product I think that's cool...
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

Back to top Go down

Post  joric Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:53 pm

I just want to develop and run it on windows before it'll go to macos/iphone/whatever. Are there any chances to make a port of sio2 for windows?

joric

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:04 pm

Unfortunately not, I don't want SIO2 to be associated with illegal or non-official stuff... Cuz Im afraid that if I do so all the apps. that are using it will be refused on the app. store... SIO2 have to be 100% clean on every level...
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down