FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

applying to textrue to non-uniform 3D model

3 posters

Go down

applying to textrue to non-uniform 3D model Empty applying to textrue to non-uniform 3D model

Post  aputman Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:17 am

I'm starting to get the hang of some of the basics of the engine and gotten through many of the tutorials, but I'm still having trouble with textures. For example, I create the "head" of a character. I then want to unwrap to the UV mapping and then draw in each face of the model.

I've tried watching a variety of different blender tutorials which walk you through this. I've tried painting directly on the object etc. but I can't get anything to show up on sio2, even if blender will render the object the way I expect to see it.

All my image sizes are correct.

Anyone able to point to a good tutorial, or have a checklist of things I shouldn't forget before exporting? Thanks!

aputman

Back to top Go down

applying to textrue to non-uniform 3D model Empty Re: applying to textrue to non-uniform 3D model

Post  sio2interactive Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:23 pm

Make sure that the texture is set on the material not only on the UV/Image Editor in Blender. Blender is keeping track of the texture on a face basis, and SIO2 is on a material basis.
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

applying to textrue to non-uniform 3D model Empty Re: applying to textrue to non-uniform 3D model

Post  aputman Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:44 pm

Thanks for the tip!

Is there a way to know or check that I've done this? Or could someone help me fill in the blanks...

I create texture that appears the way I want when rendered in blender...

I then assign a material to the object I want, with this material I choose the texture I have created...

...and then it should work?

I feel like I've done those steps, so I'd appreciate any clarification! Thanks!

aputman

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:59 pm

Check the video tutorials and make sure that you are following the same steps as me...?
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

Back to top Go down

Post  aputman Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:20 am

So following the steps in tutorial03 (from about halfway through) I finally got a texture to appear how I expected...albeit it was a sloppy quick texture.

So to make my texture look nicer I edited the file in photoshop and reloaded to my .blend file.

Under the texture menu where I choose the path of the texture file it says the file I'm using is RGBA, where previously it was simply RGB. And now when I export to .sio2 and try to load the object, the iphone simulator crashes.

Does it seem likely that it is due to the RGBA nature of the .png file causing the crash?

thanks!

aputman

Back to top Go down

Post  meteors Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:23 am

I dealt with this last week. TheBunny had the answer; the thread is on this forum.

Go into build properties. Under "Packaging", uncheck "Compress .PNG files".

Bam, you're good to go!

Best,
-j
meteors
meteors

Back to top Go down

Post  aputman Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:42 am

build properties being in blender or in Xcode?

aputman

Back to top Go down

Post  meteors Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:22 pm

XCode

-j
meteors
meteors

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:57 pm

Check tutorial14 it uses a PNG for the texture on the yoshi.
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down