FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sio2 export format spec?

4 posters

Go down

sio2 export format spec? Empty sio2 export format spec?

Post  simoneves Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:13 pm

My company is interested in using SIO2 for a game project, and while we have nothing but respect for Blender and its community, we would rather develop our content in Maya (which we already have and know).

We can of course infer most of the .sio2 export format from the Python exporter provided for Blender, but I am wondering if you have (or, if not, could perhaps write) more formal documentation for the file syntax, in case there are some gotchas (perhaps Blender-specific stuff which might not be obvious).

Many thanks in advance. It looks like a really good system, and I look forward to working with it.

Simon

simoneves

Back to top Go down

sio2 export format spec? Empty Re: sio2 export format spec?

Post  sio2interactive Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:19 am

Sure I could always write a quick spec on the current file format syntax, but as you may already notice from previous post etc... it is an evolutive file format and new "tags" will constantly be added, Im just curious is your company would like to provide maintenance and support on the Maya exporter for the current and future release in order to share the port with the community and add it to the current source tree.

I think it would be great to also have a Maya port of the exporter!

Tks in advance,

Cheers,
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  iblues Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:52 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure if you are still interested, but I would be very interested on learning how to create an exporter. I could do the exporter from Maya to SIO2. I would be willing to maintained as well. Having said this, I have no experience building any exporters. I purchased the Maya programming books (MEL) and found the documentation only. Specially useful this would be to me for my graduate school projects. I'm sure you are busy, but I could try to do it on my own if you could guide me from time to time.

Francisco

iblues

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:27 pm

Yes Im still interested, In fact I just post a new blog entry on the subject not knowing that you have already made an offer here Wink

Anyway, maybe add me to your contact list, and we can discuss more further about what is the best way to proceed and what kind or material / explanations you need from me concerning the SIO2 file format specs.

Tks in advance,

Cheers,
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  iblues Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:55 pm

That sounds great.
There is a learning curve that i need to do for MEL, but I'm very interested and capable of doing it!

let's see if we can discuss this via email or chat.

Francisco

Last edited by iblues on Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : small changes MAYA -> MEL)

iblues

Back to top Go down

Post  meteors Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:33 am

I'm a Maya user. I haven't played with Mel in a few years, but I will be happy to test any exporter.

Best
-joshua
meteors
meteors

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum