FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iPhone OS 3.0 experiences

2 posters

Go down

iPhone OS 3.0 experiences Empty iPhone OS 3.0 experiences

Post  hugojpinto Fri May 22, 2009 3:21 am

Hello,

We're finishing a game based on SIO2 and testing it on the iPhone OS 3.0 beta 5 sdk.

We're getting some strange behavior - sio/Load/PlaySound/StopSound functions won't function and crash the game (commenting those out works nicely in the Simulator) and deploying to a device is becoming troublesome due to codesigning issues with Dynamic linking (and I'm not quite sure Apple will love/accept the workaround, which seems to be to hand-copy the static libs back to 3.0).

Since from now on apps submitted to the App Store will have to be compliant with 3.0, we should be getting a clear picture on SIO2 compatibility issues with this version and the roadmap to fix them.

Is anyone experiencing any similar issues? Has anyone been able to deploy to an actual 3.0 device (not sim)?

Many thanks,

Hugo

hugojpinto

Back to top Go down

iPhone OS 3.0 experiences Empty Re: iPhone OS 3.0 experiences

Post  sio2interactive Fri May 22, 2009 3:59 am

Honestly Im running beta 5 with SIO2 on the sim & device since the first day it goes out and I have absolutely no problem... but remember it is still under NDA... so I can't really talk about it Wink
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hugojpinto Fri May 22, 2009 5:05 am

sio2interactive wrote:Honestly Im running beta 5 with SIO2 on the sim & device since the first day it goes out and I have absolutely no problem... but remember it is still under NDA... so I can't really talk about it Wink

Hi. Thanks for your response.

However, discussing SIO2 compatibility with OS3 b5 is not discussing OS3 b5 per se, and we can surely talk about the way in which you support the SDK without breaking the NDA.

Let me rephrase that. Have you:

a) been able to correctly deploy an app on an OS3 device? If so, are any specific steps that you have to take in order to do so that are different from the 2.2.1 SDK?

b) using audio in your project using OS3? If so, what specific file formats are working for you? We're trying to play sounds in .ogg and it's crashing the application

c) how are you solving the static-linking problem? do you copy the static llib file to the 3.0 directories? Are you aware of anyone who has published an App using this approach - that is, whose App was accepted by Apple using static linking on a 3.0 build?

None of the answers to these questions will break the NDA and they will help us, a Paying indie certificate customer, a ton.

Many thanks,

Hugo

EDIT: for typos

hugojpinto

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Fri May 22, 2009 5:13 am

a) been able to correctly deploy an app on an OS3 device? If so, are any specific steps that you have to take in order to do so that are different from the 2.2.1 SDK?

>> Yes, and no different steps... However to get rid of some warnings and to make Bullet 2.74 work im using the following compiler flags:

-fno-regmove -Wno-write-strings

b) using audio in your project using OS3? If so, what specific file formats are working for you? We're trying to play sounds in .ogg and it's crashing the application

>> Im using OGG, streamed, FX and Ambient without any problem...

c) how are you solving the static-linking problem? do you copy the static llib file to the 3.0 directories? Are you aware of anyone who has published an App using this approach - that is, whose App was accepted by Apple using static linking on a 3.0 build?

>> I simply select Dynamic and recompile, work like a charm... maybe a slight performance lost but its barely noticeable...

a Paying indie certificate customer, a ton.

>> If you have donate to the SIO2 project by purchasing a certificate you can have mail and IM support...
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hugojpinto Fri May 22, 2009 5:19 am

Many thanks for the quick answer.

I simply didn't use the support contact as I was seeking also other people's experiences.

I'll try your settings on a clean indie build and then get back to you.

Best

Hugo

hugojpinto

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down