FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I get this installed on the iphone? (I am in the dev program)

3 posters

Go down

How do I get this installed on the iphone? (I am in the dev program) Empty How do I get this installed on the iphone? (I am in the dev program)

Post  shul Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:10 pm

Hi,
As I written at blendernation, I can help you checking if this is loaded ok on an ipod touch (1st gen 8GB), but after I compile it on the macbook pro and it works in the simulator I can't install it on the device - have you changed anything in the default settings?

Thanks,
shul

shul

Back to top Go down

How do I get this installed on the iphone? (I am in the dev program) Empty Re: How do I get this installed on the iphone? (I am in the dev program)

Post  zzajin Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:46 pm

I haven't had any problems running the SIO2 tutorials on my iPod Touch.

My guess would be you have not set up codesigning properly.
Have you been able to run any of Apple's sample code on your device?

zzajin

Back to top Go down

How do I get this installed on the iphone? (I am in the dev program) Empty Re: How do I get this installed on the iphone? (I am in the dev program)

Post  shul Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:19 am

zzajin wrote:I haven't had any problems running the SIO2 tutorials on my iPod Touch.

My guess would be you have not set up codesigning properly.
Have you been able to run any of Apple's sample code on your device?

Yes, I even have one of them in the app store Smile

shul

Back to top Go down

How do I get this installed on the iphone? (I am in the dev program) Empty Installing excercise 6 on ipod touch 8GB

Post  shul Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:46 pm

I got it working, I created a new dev provisioning profile and got it to work. As far as performance is concerned, How do I turn on FPS? everything seems to work "in slow motion", but hey, it works!

shul

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:51 pm

You can get the FPS by accessing the following variable embedded inside the SIO2window struct:

sio2->_SIO2window->fps

And what do you mean everything work in "slow motion"? Which tutorial(s) you put on the device, cuz all of them should run at optimal performance...
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  shul Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:38 am

I tried 6 and 8

shul

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:53 am

Interesting, cuz me on my iPhone 3G everything work pretty smoothly, I should really try to get an iPod Touch to test...
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

Back to top Go down

Post  shul Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:56 pm

ok, I installed tutorial06 on my ipod and changed the second line printed to print the fps.

At the begining, the fps is 12-24, after ~20 seconds of moving it goes up to 30 and even 60 fps. the response speed of the application does not change significantly to be faster.

I still have the feeling it is slow in moving around and in accepting my input. Is this something to do with the code of this specific example?

regards,
shul

shul

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:32 pm

Dude you better get use to it, cuz that's like "normal" performance on this type of device Wink
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

Back to top Go down

Post  shul Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:38 pm

I'm sure it can be better, since I've seen 3D progs running on my ipod touch. Not that I can do even half of what you did... Shocked

shul

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:50 pm

Well trust me, from what I test, the device can support around 5k to 6k of triangles with multi textures (diffuse + shadow), with lighting + physic & collision and should run around 15 to 30fps depending on the FOV.
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down