FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Objects failing to collide at high velocities, tunneling through floor etc.

2 posters

Go down

Objects failing to collide at high velocities, tunneling through floor etc. Empty Objects failing to collide at high velocities, tunneling through floor etc.

Post  monkeys Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:07 am

Hi, I've noticed a problem with the collision detection which results in objects sometimes failing to collide and subsequently falling through the floor and/or other failing to collide with other objects. This seems to occur more often at high linear-velocities.

I've tried adjusting the properties of sio2PhysicRender to (1.0f/60f , 3) as I've read elsewhere on the forums that this can help with collision failing at higher velocities. However this does not seem to remedy the situation completely..

Has anyone else found any other ways of producing more reliable collisions? Such as setting margins or using a ghost mesh for collisions?

I really want to use this fantastic engine for the game I am trying to create. However it requires objects which move at fairly high velocities into each other (and the floor) and I simply can't have objects failing to collide or falling through the floor... If we solve this problem without losing too much performance, then this engine will be perfect for my needs =)

Any help or information on this issue is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

monkeys

Back to top Go down

Objects failing to collide at high velocities, tunneling through floor etc. Empty Re: Objects failing to collide at high velocities, tunneling through floor etc.

Post  calebcohoon Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:37 am

Are your objects that are passing through scaled very small? I noticed that when I had objects in my scene that were too small they would collide right through things. Once I scaled my whole scene up, that problem seemed to stop.

calebcohoon

Back to top Go down