FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noob needs tutorial01 for 1.4 - general 1st use help!

3 posters

Go down

Noob needs tutorial01 for 1.4 - general 1st use help! Empty Noob needs tutorial01 for 1.4 - general 1st use help!

Post  mst2k5 Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Hi everyone. I can see the tutorial01 project code in the downloaded files, and I see the video tutorials online for some of the tutorials. I can't find any video tutorial for 01 online, or any doc on how to set up this SDK for use with xcode. I'm familiar with xcode and have sent several basic "fast apps" to the app store, but I am lost on how to set up this SDK for a first use, or find the tutorial online anywhere.

When I build and go with the tutorial01 project file, I see the spinning object, but thats it. Where can I find audio/video or some documentation that shows me where to put all of these files and how to access the SIO2 SDK when building an app?

I think once I get the install completed and setup, I should be good to go. I'm also learning blender now too, but am totally stumped on where to start with SIO2. Thanks in advance.

mst2k5

Back to top Go down

Noob needs tutorial01 for 1.4 - general 1st use help! Empty Is it a simple import?

Post  mst2k5 Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:52 pm

Is it as simple as importing all those libraries into your xcode project and then controlling your objects with the calls to SIO2? I need to learn those calls obviously but as far as accessing the SIO2 SDK, is that all I do? Any help would be muy apreciado. If I can get a cube to render and rotate, I can get the rest moving on my own.

mst2k5

Back to top Go down

Noob needs tutorial01 for 1.4 - general 1st use help! Empty Re: Noob needs tutorial01 for 1.4 - general 1st use help!

Post  Hellboy Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:51 pm

Hey, my advice is take a look through all video tutorials, the sio2 guy gives tips in diffrent videos and you will understand better, then try to redo all and you will understand better. I'm a newbie with sio2 too and i have some problems also trying to redo the tutorials but trust me you will get a better grip once you've seen the video tutorials (where they are available).
In tutorial 01 it's nothing much just some initialization with sio2 but the square and all are made like usual without any game engine or use of blender..hope this helps

Hellboy

Back to top Go down

Noob needs tutorial01 for 1.4 - general 1st use help! Empty Re: Noob needs tutorial01 for 1.4 - general 1st use help!

Post  cybergreg Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:18 pm

Hellboy wrote:Hey, my advice is take a look through all video tutorials, the sio2 guy gives tips in diffrent videos and you will understand better, then try to redo all and you will understand better. ... In tutorial 01 it's nothing much just some initialization with sio2 but the square and all are made like usual without any game engine or use of blender..hope this helps

Good suggestion and yes the spinning cube is the openGL equivalent of Hello World
Cool
cybergreg
cybergreg

Back to top Go down

Post  mst2k5 Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:56 pm

Thanks everyone. I'm in tutorial heaven right now with all the OpenGL / ES, Blender and SIO2 tutorials out there. I'll get a grip on this soon I'm sure. Thanks for the advice, and hope to have some quality graphics out there soon for critique Very Happy

mst2k5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down