FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sio2 performance

3 posters

Go down

sio2 performance Empty sio2 performance

Post  hemmi Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:46 pm

hello, i'm being very quickly drawn into sio2, this is really a fantastic package. i have one concern however. can sio2 handle up to 50 spheres all bouncing off each other? i realize this is a broad question but does someone have experience with a lot of objects on the screen in sio2? thanks!

hemmi

Back to top Go down

sio2 performance Empty Re: sio2 performance

Post  sio2interactive Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:19 pm

Take tutorial061 and triple click to duplicate 50 sphere then check the FPS Wink
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hemmi Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:32 pm

well i can't get 61 to compile, its complaining about the wrong code signing id even though i changed it to my own. Sad any idea why that is?

but i did get 62 on my device, and i'm getting 60 fps consistently and ~5-10 fps for physics. is this all that can be expected? which is still much better than i would have ever expected on the iphone. really impressive.

hemmi

Back to top Go down

Post  ColorDelta Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:15 pm

Hi Hemmi,

Welcome to the forum Smile

1) CODE SIGN ID ERROR IN 6_1
Make sure you set your provisioning profile in the following places:
Xcode -> Project -> Edit Project Settings -> Code Signing Identity -> Any iPhone OS Device -> Your provisioning profile
Xcode -> Project -> Edit Active Target [Your app name] -> Build -> Code Signing Identity -> Any iPhone OS Device -> Your provisioning profile

2) PHYSICS PERFORMANCE IN 6_2
Looks like you've compiled in debug mode. Try compiling a release version and post your physics frame rate again.

ColorDelta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down