FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Python,Pygame, Blender and SIO2... will those be good enough?

2 posters

Go down

Python,Pygame, Blender and SIO2... will those be good enough? Empty Python,Pygame, Blender and SIO2... will those be good enough?

Post  gold911t Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:14 pm

Hello all,

Thank you so much or this great effort.

I'm a total newbie here...please..take that in mind Smile

I posted this somewhere else, and I didnt got much answers..(they liked the part about SIO2 )

Well, I'm about to start simple games development for iPhone. I've read a lot of resources mentioned here and other forums.

C, Obj-c, and Cocoa...the whole lot.

I have a fair knowledge (Php,Perl, MySql,....) Web programing in general.

My platform/machine is
iMac Intel/ Leopard 10.5 ( Brand new one Wink )

My question is:
Using Pythone, Pygame, Blender and SIO2 and others (SDL for example) , Will I be able to create some simple 2 or 3 D games for iPhone?

If the answer is Yes, I'm a little confused why?
Because i think of creating a game in these steps
1- Blender and its GE
2- Export using SIO2 to iPhone SDK (xCode, IB..etc)
3- Adding/changing the necessary code. Maybe using cocos2d, or something similar.

Those steps, are they wrong?

If the answer is NO, So; what are my choices?

There are a lot of tools out there, and selecting the right one is hard, and it depends on each one (taste of programing).

Thank you so much for reading.
Taher

gold911t

Back to top Go down

Python,Pygame, Blender and SIO2... will those be good enough? Empty Re: Python,Pygame, Blender and SIO2... will those be good enough?

Post  uprise78 Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:44 pm

gold911t,

SIO2 has a workflow with Blender and it doesn't use the Blender GE at all. Just the basic modelling is all you need from Blender. From there, you export using SIO2 and then you put in your game logic. This is the workflow for a 3D game.

If you are interested in 2D games, you may want to use Cocos2D which is excellent in that realm. You will never want to mix SIO2 and cocos2D. That wouldn't work at all.

So, to sum up, Blender and SIO2 for 3D games and Cocos2D for 2D games should get you going nicely.

uprise78

Back to top Go down

Python,Pygame, Blender and SIO2... will those be good enough? Empty Re: Python,Pygame, Blender and SIO2... will those be good enough?

Post  gold911t Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:51 pm

Thanks for your rapid reply.

so, blender is used for modeling, it has nothing to do with the game play/logic?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Many many thanks,
T

gold911t

Back to top Go down

Post  uprise78 Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:18 pm

gold911t wrote:
so, blender is used for modeling, it has nothing to do with the game play/logic?

Right. Blender is used to setup your models, lighting and some physics properties but the gameplay/logic is done all in code.

uprise78

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum