FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Export under win32, use under OS X. Is it OK?

+3
sw
sio2interactive
diver
7 posters

Go down

Export under win32, use under OS X. Is it OK? Empty Export under win32, use under OS X. Is it OK?

Post  diver Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:12 am

Is it 100% correct to use sio2 packages exported under win32? Thinking of python-code is platform-independent I guess the files generated must be identical for all supported platforms too, but I'm not sure.
Right now I'm having some troubles with such a maneuvers, but the cause may be not in platforms' diffirences. Still working, just decided to put a question here to know your opinion.

diver

Back to top Go down

Export under win32, use under OS X. Is it OK? Empty Re: Export under win32, use under OS X. Is it OK?

Post  sio2interactive Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:19 am

Yes and no... Im using some Unix commands & utility for packaging the .sio2 that are not available on M$ platform...
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Export under win32, use under OS X. Is it OK? Empty Re: Export under win32, use under OS X. Is it OK?

Post  diver Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:29 am

I just get not compressed hierarchy on m$ platform and then zip it under OS X.
So, it is correct, yeah?

diver

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:21 am

Yeah, SIO2 is MacOS specific as well as ALL iPhone & iPod Touch development... get a mac dude Wink
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  diver Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:47 am

Funny peoples ) I'm workin' on a company with 80% of programmers in asp/.net projects. They just needn't macs!.. Funny company... btw, (imho) Apple at all are "унылое гавно" (russian, sorry; you better don't know what I've said)

diver

Back to top Go down

Post  sw Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:33 am

diver wrote:Funny peoples ) I'm workin' on a company with 80% of programmers in asp/.net projects. They just needn't macs!.. Funny company... btw, (imho) Apple at all are "унылое гавно" (russian, sorry; you better don't know what I've said)

унылое гавно Very Happy
sw
sw

Back to top Go down

Export under win32, use under OS X. Is it OK? Empty using Windows for artist

Post  aheirich Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:38 pm

diver wrote:I just get not compressed hierarchy on m$ platform and then zip it under OS X.
So, it is correct, yeah?

I have the same problem... I'm working with two artists who use Windows, I develop on a Mac. The artists can't afford to buy Macs.

So I would really like to understand the answer to this question. Is there a way to export on Windows and then do the rest of the packaging up on the Mac? Can you provide some directions?

thank you

aheirich

Back to top Go down

Post  oioioi Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:50 pm

They could just send you the model and you could export them to sio2 format

oioioi

Back to top Go down

Post  arrogantb Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:49 pm

I'm actually doing this - without significant problems.

just need to install cygwin - I think the current versions of the scripts don't need to be modified.

http://forum.sio2interactive.com/blender-sio2-f2/how-to-blender-exporter-on-windows-t112.htm

it seems I need to manually delete the existing uncompressed file tree before doing an export (not sure if this is unique to windows or not).

blender doesn't run well on my Mac Mini - apparently this is a known issue due to lack of decent graphics acceleration.

arrogantb

Back to top Go down

Post  Jawdy Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:25 am

I run Blender on my Windoze PC, run the Python script and get the exported folder and items correctly - or they seem to be correct! I then zip them and change the extension to .sio2.
I then copy them over to my Mac, add the .sio2 file to my Resources and amend the code.

When I use the .blend file provided in Tutorial02, the export procedure above works fine. When I do it with my own scenes, the objects seem really far away - as though the Z depth is +100 or something.

Any ideas?

PS - Absolutely fantastic piece of software btw!

EDIT - Ignore my question, it was related to the whole 2D/Orthographic view looking straight down, I shall manually set the camera.
Jawdy
Jawdy

http://www.gaslightgames.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down