FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walking character

2 posters

Go down

Walking character Empty Walking character

Post  eloasis Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:10 am

Hi,

I have an animated character with an action called: Walk. In this animation the character moves their legs but in the same position.
If I move the character with an IPO, it seems to be flying because the legs animation are always at the same speed and IPO curves will change character's location faster depending the points distance (inside the curve)

What's the best way to move this character in a scenario? Is there another option?

Thanks

eloasis

Back to top Go down

Walking character Empty Re: Walking character

Post  sio2interactive Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:38 am

That should not cause problem, Im using that same technique ALOT inside the MeditationGarden for all the different animals that you can find there. I suggest you to check the MeditationGarden source code to learn how to do this.

Cheers,
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  eloasis Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:40 am

sio2interactive wrote:That should not cause problem, Im using that same technique ALOT inside the MeditationGarden for all the different animals that you can find there. I suggest you to check the MeditationGarden source code to learn how to do this.

Cheers,

I don't have access to MeditationGarden source, so I need to research if I'm in the right way by using an object action for walking animation + IPO for movement.

Thanks

eloasis

Back to top Go down

Post  sio2interactive Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:42 am

yes you are...
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content