FORUM CLOSED, PLEASE REGISTER AT FORUM.SIO2INTERACTIVE.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheetah 3D and SiO2 file format

2 posters

Go down

Cheetah 3D and SiO2 file format Empty Cheetah 3D and SiO2 file format

Post  josgraha Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:24 pm

Wondering if there was an exporter for Cheetah3D or if there was an analogous format that could be tweaked to enable importing skeletal and keyframe animations, UV mappings, and meshes into SiO2.

Thanks

josgraha

Back to top Go down

Cheetah 3D and SiO2 file format Empty Re: Cheetah 3D and SiO2 file format

Post  sio2interactive Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:39 pm

I am definitely not familiar with Cheetah3D but I heard of it... If there's support for a scripting language, Im sure it would be easy to write an exporter. The .SIO2 format is basically a .ZIP archive and individual files as standard ASCII, so I do believe that it is more than easy to create multiple port of the exporter for different 3D software such as MAX, Maya, Cheetah3D etc...

In the /docs directory of the SDK there is a file called "fileformat_specification.pdf" that describe in detail every pieces of the file format and there's always of course the sio2_exporter.py source available... If someone wants to go ahead you can count on my full support.

Cheers,
sio2interactive
sio2interactive

http://sio2interactive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  josgraha Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:21 pm

Okay so I think I am starting to understand. Basically SiO2 takes blender scene format and renders them but has some ability to map in things like input events (touches and accelo)? That's pretty cool but what about when you have skeletal (bones) animation with IK and PK chains? What about 'blending' animation sequences with a mesh? I suppose if you write a script you can do anything you want but do you have any sample code that can do skeletal animation?

Thanks

josgraha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down